DengFu FM208 build (7.095kg)- no more WW.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Vadd

by Vadd

Hey Cheapvega. Sorry for posting on the old topic. Could you pls share the size of your frame? I would love to submit your weight to my weight weenies listings website if you don't mind.
Kona Rove 2021
Poison Chinin 2020

https://www.buildyourbike.co

cheapvega

by cheapvega

No worries- I still have the bike so it's current! Frame is a size 54.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cheapvega

by cheapvega

In the ~17 or so months I had this build, my priorities shifted. The more riding I did, the more I realized I didn't really value WWism as much as I thought I did. Comfort and speed were more important. So I went back to 2x and a padded saddle. Final nail in the coffin wa the back Tufo S3 going flat, and the incremental cost of a new aero clincher wheelset + clincher GP5Ks being not being much more than a set of quality tubulars that I frankly wasn't looking forward to mounting.

So I grabbed a set of 60mmx28mm ELITEWHEELS, 28mm GP5Ks and latex tubes. Next and hopefully final change will be a set of integrated aero bars.

I like the new look. I was a little faster on an old set of 23mm GP4Ks and alloy clinchers so I'm really hoping this will be an even better improvement, especially on comfort. I do need to put more tape on the valve extenders though
Attachments
20221003_142325.jpg

jadeptryx

by jadeptryx

cheapvega wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:48 pm
In the ~17 or so months I had this build, my priorities shifted. The more riding I did, the more I realized I didn't really value WWism as much as I thought I did. Comfort and speed were more important. So I went back to 2x and a padded saddle. Final nail in the coffin wa the back Tufo S3 going flat, and the incremental cost of a new aero clincher wheelset + clincher GP5Ks being not being much more than a set of quality tubulars that I frankly wasn't looking forward to mounting.

So I grabbed a set of 60mmx28mm ELITEWHEELS, 28mm GP5Ks and latex tubes. Next and hopefully final change will be a set of integrated aero bars.

I like the new look. I was a little faster on an old set of 23mm GP4Ks and alloy clinchers so I'm really hoping this will be an even better improvement, especially on comfort. I do need to put more tape on the valve extenders though
How have you found the wheels? And do you know which model they were specifically?

cheapvega

by cheapvega

I am pretty sure these are the exact wheels (60x28mm):

https://www.amazon.com/ELITEWHEELS-Whee ... r=8-7&th=1

They are great. Whole wheel + tire combo is probably like 600-700g heavier than my last set but this setup is so much faster even up hills. I love the sound they make cutting through the air too. Only downside is they are more susceptible to crosswinds.