S-Works SL7
Supersix Evo HM Black INC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Last edited by tomsneo on Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Why kill the original saddle?

tomsneo

by tomsneo

mike wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:52 am
Why kill the original saddle?
I didnt like it, my new one is much more comfortable and lighter.
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

tomsneo

by tomsneo

New inner tubes have arrived! I had bad luck with tubolito tubes to the point that I made the switched to tubeless on my SL7. I've been doing some research and I decided to give latex tubes another try. The Ride Now tubes are not only cheaper than tubolito but lighter as well.

Lets see! I'll be posting some updates soon on them.
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

Ferry

by Ferry

Those innertubes are both tpu right?

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Ferry wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:34 pm
Those innertubes are both tpu right?
Yes
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Finally got some good weather!!! Felt like spring in February! Had an absolute blast on my bike as I was close to finishing my ride I got t-boned by another cyclist it was her fault she "apologized". Luckily I walked away with some scrapes and road rash my kit kept me safe by literally taking most of the impact not even a rip! The bike on the other hand got scraped as well only my 3rd ride since the rebuild all in all I still had a blast and Im in the process of repairing the bike and shifters. To some it may not be a big deal but this bike is my baby I love it more than my other bikes I only take her out on really nice days. Anyway heres a few pics cheers!

Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

Let me know if you have any ideas on the repair on those lever blades. Came off last week and ended up with very similar damage

Nixster

by Nixster

I’ve had good results from rubbing down the levers with fine abrasive paper then spraying with lacquer from a rattle can. Not saying they were good as new but better than gravel rash.

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Tifosiphil wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:42 pm
Let me know if you have any ideas on the repair on those lever blades. Came off last week and ended up with very similar damage
Nixster wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:42 pm
I’ve had good results from rubbing down the levers with fine abrasive paper then spraying with lacquer from a rattle can. Not saying they were good as new but better than gravel rash.
So here are my options,

Option 1 a friend in my cycling group is an automotive painter and he had the same issue on his dura-ace di2 shifter so he painted his and it looks really good.

Option 2 I might just buy a new one, but theres no ETA from shimano I heard they might be discontinued since in the near future. Supposedly 105 and ultegra will be the only mechanical groupos. I'm still on the hunt for one but every time I find one its not instock.
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Cheers Everyone,

Been riding the Masi alot lately since I'm rebuilding the SL7, I've had alot of fun with this bike but I'm going to retire this frame for now and hang it on my wall I'll be swapping all the parts over to my supersix evo. Maybe one day If I find an 11 speed super record I'll build her up again. This bike has taught me so much from all the mistakes I made as a noob, to the proper bike fit, buying the right parts, meeting new awesome people, etc. Heres a few pics from my most recent rides cheers!

Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7