Focus Izalco Max Rim (4.47 kg / 9.85 lbs)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

poulhansen

by poulhansen

Thank you. So it looks like the difference between a black size 48 and a red size 54 is a 100 gram.
Cannondale Super Six HiMod 2017 6.7 kg
Cannondale six13, 2004, 5.50kg
Focus Izalco Max, 2023 4.418 kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OtterSpace

by OtterSpace

My spreadsheet is done and the earlier info dump posts with tons of pricing and weights have been removed for easier reading and replaced with more photos of the bike through its various stages of rebuild.

:beerchug:

London9921

by London9921

This thread was a fun read. Thanks for sharing the process so thoroughly. I'm unfortunately not as small and light as you so this weight level isn't pragmatic for me although it could be attainable in terms of a future project. May I ask what your FTP and w/kg is, just to place it in perspective with the weight of the bike? Cheers and keep up the good work (I also checked the SL6 thread, will be cool to see the final outcome!).

OtterSpace

by OtterSpace

London9921 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:05 pm
This thread was a fun read. Thanks for sharing the process so thoroughly. I'm unfortunately not as small and light as you so this weight level isn't pragmatic for me although it could be attainable in terms of a future project. May I ask what your FTP and w/kg is, just to place it in perspective with the weight of the bike? Cheers and keep up the good work (I also checked the SL6 thread, will be cool to see the final outcome!).
Thanks for the kind words.

FTP and w/kg are constantly fluctuating as I have periods where I ride a lot, times when I travel to MN over the holidays, and travel for work kind of randomly that is hard to plan around. As a ballpark I would say I range from 4w/kg to 5.6w/kg as weight and riding fluctuate. I'm a small guy so small changes in weight make a comparitively larger w/kg shift than they do for a larger rider but the bigger issues is that when I stop riding fitness drops and weight increases.

Most of my bike focus in the past two years has been on trying to fill in those riding gaps to avoid dropping to the lower end of the w/kg hole that I tend to find myself having to climb out of every year or so.

I built up a Brompton to have a bike when I travel
Brompton.jpg
I got an ebike to commute. I found that they are really good for base training and are great for making boring rides fun both of which are great for not getting too deep in the hole or helping climb back out of one. Plus going super fast with an extra 300w is just funner.
late nov 2023.jpg
The Berd wheels for the SL6 shipped today even though it was supposed to be local pickup so that build should happen sooner than anticipated.

London9921

by London9921

That's awesome, nice to see how consistent you are - covering all occasions to have a bike ride! In terms of your w/kg, that's still really strong.

Funny, I've got the Scott addict gravel, probably similar frame to your e-bike. I'll get the Varia RCT715, seems to fit the seat post really well on the Scott.