Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ottopelleboer

by Ottopelleboer

andyJC wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:18 pm
refthimos wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:04 am
This update has been a long time coming, but I finally have my 2019 SuperSix EVO disc build complete. I'll cut to the chase, weight is 6.96kg with everyday wheels, and that is with powermeter, bottle cages, and combo Garmin/GoPro mount:

Here is the build sheet I used; a number of weights were estimates, and getting the frame painted added weight I'm sure (it added 17g to the Farsports bar/stem - see below), but in the end the spreadsheet was only 70g off the final measured weight, with the spreadsheet predicting 6.89kg compared to the actual 6.96kg weight:

Here are some photos of the complete bike, with emphasis on the F1 bar/stem, since it seems there is a good amount of interest in that item. I think it works really well on the EVO, and in particular I'm not sure why some have criticized the top cap - on mine, it is nice and flush and looks great (IMHO):

As you can see in the spreadsheet, I also have a pair of Extralite Cyberdisc wheels that I can throw on for a hillclimb effort. Based on measured weights, that should let me drop 565 grams from the build, for a hillclimb weight of 6.32kg, or 13.94 lbs. For us 'Muricans who continue to resist the metric system, under 14 lbs for a disc bike with some aero properties, powermeter, and cages and mounts is pretty good! I'm just waiting for the rotors, but will post photos with those wheels and hopefully my calculations are correct.

I've only ridden the bike a couple times so far (with the CLX50s), and it rides awesome!
looks awesome! great build...

Hey! What was the width and length of the stem and bar? Thinking about replacing the KNOT on my new to be supersix with the Pro vibe stem and aero bar. Loads of weight to be saved there:)

You changed the SI cranks for SIsl2 i guess?

Cheers!

S6ED

by S6ED

prenard wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:45 am
Hello,

Yes, I was able to install a Deda Vinci stem on my Supersix 2020

You only need to order from Deda the specific Cannondale Supersix spacer compatible with Deda Stem (Deda code: HDVCNTCCANN).

Just one comment: in order, for the moment, not to cut the fork steerer tube, I did not install yet the Deda top cap. It will be nicer and cleaner with it later...

To be able to get full internal routing, I also had to order a FSA K-Force Compact bar (ACR compatible).

https://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/type ... -handlebar

I hope it heps...
Looks good!

When you turn the handlebar, does the Deda adapter (and probably the rest of the spacers too) turn with it?

Could one use this adapter with the Alanera handlebar?

prenard

by prenard

When you turn the handlebar, does the Deda adapter (and probably the rest of the spacers too) turn with it? => YES

Could one use this adapter with the Alanera handlebar? = I do not think... You should contact Deda support...

S6ED

by S6ED

prenard wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:45 pm
When you turn the handlebar, does the Deda adapter (and probably the rest of the spacers too) turn with it? => YES

Could one use this adapter with the Alanera handlebar? = I do not think... You should contact Deda support...
Thanks!

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

prenard wrote:
Hello,

You only need to order from Deda the specific Cannondale Supersix spacer compatible with Deda Stem (Deda code: HDVCNTCCANN).
[...]
So I wanted to do a similar thing and use a Deda Vinci stem (and handlebar) on my 2020 HM SystemSix. Deda says that adapter that you mentioned is for both SystemSix and SuperSix EVO (see pic 1 below). After emailing directly with Deda and a distributor, I finally received what was supposed to be this part. Deda had told me that is serving as a headset cover (thus loading the compression ring in the headset) and that it can be used either by itself (only part between headtube and stem) or with standard Cannondale spacers underneath.

So now I have this part but it doesn't even come close to being a decent fit for the SystemSix. First, the diameter of the steerer opening is way bigger than the SystemSix steerer and the standar SystemSix headset cover and spacers (pic 2; left is original, right is the custom Deda part). So when it is used without any spacers below (Deda specifically said no spacers necessary and the adapter can be the only part between headset and stem) it does not apply any load to the compression ring. Second, the overall shape in the front isn't correct as the Deda part is shorter and rounder in the front, so it does not cover the SystemSix cable tunnel, and its cable opening is right on top of the SystemSix headset bearings (pics 3 and 4). It also does not fit on a Cannondale spacer (pics 5 and 6).

What am I missing here????

Thanks in advance for any insights.

image002.png
IMG_20201230_1707496.jpg
IMG_20201230_1709142.jpg
IMG_20201230_1709209.jpg
IMG_20201230_1710202.jpg

rtio

by rtio

@Ottopelleboer Did you end up installing the pro vibe stem and aero bar? Curious how it looks, I'm building my up SSE HM and looking at my options for integrated cabling.
Ottopelleboer wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:18 pm
andyJC wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:18 pm
refthimos wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:04 am
This update has been a long time coming, but I finally have my 2019 SuperSix EVO disc build complete. I'll cut to the chase, weight is 6.96kg with everyday wheels, and that is with powermeter, bottle cages, and combo Garmin/GoPro mount:

Here is the build sheet I used; a number of weights were estimates, and getting the frame painted added weight I'm sure (it added 17g to the Farsports bar/stem - see below), but in the end the spreadsheet was only 70g off the final measured weight, with the spreadsheet predicting 6.89kg compared to the actual 6.96kg weight:

Here are some photos of the complete bike, with emphasis on the F1 bar/stem, since it seems there is a good amount of interest in that item. I think it works really well on the EVO, and in particular I'm not sure why some have criticized the top cap - on mine, it is nice and flush and looks great (IMHO):

As you can see in the spreadsheet, I also have a pair of Extralite Cyberdisc wheels that I can throw on for a hillclimb effort. Based on measured weights, that should let me drop 565 grams from the build, for a hillclimb weight of 6.32kg, or 13.94 lbs. For us 'Muricans who continue to resist the metric system, under 14 lbs for a disc bike with some aero properties, powermeter, and cages and mounts is pretty good! I'm just waiting for the rotors, but will post photos with those wheels and hopefully my calculations are correct.

I've only ridden the bike a couple times so far (with the CLX50s), and it rides awesome!
looks awesome! great build...

Hey! What was the width and length of the stem and bar? Thinking about replacing the KNOT on my new to be supersix with the Pro vibe stem and aero bar. Loads of weight to be saved there:)

You changed the SI cranks for SIsl2 i guess?

Cheers!

bruno2000

by bruno2000

PrivateAddress wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:36 pm
prenard wrote:
Hello,

[...]
So I wanted to do a similar thing and use a Deda Vinci stem (and handlebar) on my 2020 HM SystemSix. Deda says that adapter that you mentioned is for both SystemSix and SuperSix EVO (see pic 1 below). After emailing directly with Deda and a distributor, I finally received what was supposed to be this part. Deda had told me that is serving as a headset cover (thus loading the compression ring in the headset) and that it can be used either by itself (only part between headtube and stem) or with standard Cannondale spacers underneath.

So now I have this part but it doesn't even come close to being a decent fit for the SystemSix. First, the diameter of the steerer opening is way bigger than the SystemSix steerer and the standar SystemSix headset cover and spacers (pic 2; left is original, right is the custom Deda part). So when it is used without any spacers below (Deda specifically said no spacers necessary and the adapter can be the only part between headset and stem) it does not apply any load to the compression ring. Second, the overall shape in the front isn't correct as the Deda part is shorter and rounder in the front, so it does not cover the SystemSix cable tunnel, and its cable opening is right on top of the SystemSix headset bearings (pics 3 and 4). It also does not fit on a Cannondale spacer (pics 5 and 6).

What am I missing here????

Thanks in advance for any insights.

image002.png

IMG_20201230_1707496.jpg

IMG_20201230_1709142.jpg

IMG_20201230_1709209.jpg

IMG_20201230_1710202.jpg
How did this end up?

rtio

by rtio

prenard wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:01 pm
Quick answers to some questions:

1. I see you are not using the 5 mm "top aero spacer" that according to the Vinci stem user manual is required right underneath the stem. You have the stem directly on this special Cannondale adapter. As far as you can tell (I know whatever you say is not an official opinion/recommendation) there is no need to put the top spacer in-between stem and adaptor? That Vinci top spacer doesn't have any special shape to acommodate the stem shape or anything like that? => yes, Deda adapter has a special shape to acommodate the stem shape and allow correct cable guidance.

2. As far as you can tell, if you needed to keep your bar as low as possible like me, would you be able to leave out your 4 extra spacers (you have 2 short of 7.5mm + 2 tall of 12.5 mm) and have the special adapter directly on top of the headset/headtube and still apply appropriate bearing preload? In other words, just the stem and the adapter as the only things on the headtube -- you think that works? Given that you have a regular Cannondale spacer immediately on the headset but that spacer would also fit on top of another spacer, the bottom part of the adapter must have the exact same shape and dimensions as the spacer that you use as headset cover I guess.... => You can install special adapter directly on top of the headset/headtube but you have to be aware that it is not as rigid than Cannondale KNOT spacers

3. How tall do you estimate the Deda adapter to be? It looks the same height as the 12.5 mm Cannondale spacers, is that correct? => 16 mm

4. Lastly, you say you had to get the FSA bar to get full cable integration. Normally the Deda Vinci bar works perfectly with the Vinci stem. Are you saying there is some reason why the Vinci stem could not be used with a Vinci bar? Or you meantyou had to get FSA as opposed to KNOT or some other non-Deda brand? => I wanted to use a round bard (not aero). This is why I ised a FSA F-Force bar and not a Deda Vinci bar.

Finnaly, just one remark about frame geometry. You have to know that SS 2020 geometry is a bit different than older SS model. I have a SS 2018 size 60 with a 5 mm spacer and a 6 degrees stem and to get a similar position on SS 2020 with 17 degrees Deda Vinci stem I had to use a lot of KNOT spacers...

I hope it helps...
Prenard, out of curiosity what would it look like without the special Deda Cannondale adapter? Would the cables be exposed or is there a way to use the existing SSE spacers to hide them? I've been searching for the Superbox stem for ages, but no one seems to have it in stock and I'm close to giving up and looking at an option like the FSA ACR stems. The Vinci is a bit too aggressive for me. Thanks!

prenard

by prenard

Hello RTIO. You need the "special Deda Cannondale adapter" to install the Deda Vinci stem ! You can not use "only" standard Cannondale SSE spacers... You need the Deda adpater to get a clean setup !

nachocual

by nachocual

prenard wrote:
Just one comment: in order, for the moment, not to cut the fork steerer tube, I did not install yet the Deda top cap. It will be nicer and cleaner with it later...
Did you manage to do this after all? I'm thinking of getting the same stem for my SuperSix and realized that Cannondales compression plug has a different design, with no external bolt. Would I have to replace it with a standard one to be able to use the Deda top cap?

Poebelchen

by Poebelchen

Awesome bike!

Could I ask you which kind of spacers you used with the "non" cannondale handlebar? I want to use a "bontrager aeolus rsl vr-c" handlebar on my supersix, will that work with cannondale spacers?