Finding (Cinelli) Nemo R12 Disc - Deep Section Tune Wheelset

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DJT21

by DJT21

welchy wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:32 pm
Thanks man, hadn’t noticed them until you said that. Glad you did.

They are getting cut in a month or so following adjustments.
:beerchug:

Vermu

by Vermu

Even as I really don’t like grey, it makes this timeless steel really pop up in a subtle way.
Nice work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

welchy

by welchy

Vermu wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:51 am
Even as I really don’t like grey, it makes this timeless steel really pop up in a subtle way.
Nice work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks man!

TBH I got the grey as it was available from a UK supplier, and, being steel knew that I could easily respray in the future. I'm hopeful i'll just stick with this one in the long run!

welchy

by welchy

Did a solid CX race yesterday evening, turned up to take photos of my mates racing and rode round the course, thought - yeh this is doable. Bike was amazing, and the crowds found it pretty funny, Binned it twice on a wide open corner as the lack of tread on the sidewalls was obviously an issue. But it was allgrass/mud so zero damage. Rear mech got nice and clogged with grass but in general it was epic.

For anymore races like that I'm pinching some narrow CX tyres and i'll be good to go!

flying

by flying

Nice! :thumbup:

welchy

by welchy

Getting the time in the saddle, enjoying it more and more but need some better venting discs for these continuous and sharp descents with no let up.

Punctured a few times taking the bike too far off the beaten track on the Turbo Cottons, but loving it. Silca Velo saddle bag is treating me nice too!
Attachments
35F842CC-54D6-465E-AAD7-2640B5B5E507.jpeg
77B6F7DF-BBBA-4DDF-9C9F-A7A9D853FA4B.jpeg
18FF815E-6E56-435F-B884-ABE5DC31AA4F.jpeg
DCEE1F57-C22F-486C-A7BA-900E13CAF931.jpeg
E1FAD96A-1070-45CF-A5F5-A0F84986EFE8.jpeg

dgasmd

by dgasmd

That, Sir, is simply volcanic hot stuff right there!!!

welchy

by welchy

Thanks a bunch pal, pretty chuffed with it minus a paint issue. It’s going back to Cinelli for a respray on Warranty for a few niggling issues.

Baby due in November so I’m going to send it off then knowing I’ll be out for a while!

Today’s ride was decent, 850M climbing in just over an hour and a beautiful descent. Really handles well!
Attachments
0CF77B93-FD18-4F0B-9381-73E59E2BA343.jpeg

flying

by flying

welchy wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:35 pm
It’s going back to Cinelli for a respray on Warranty for a few niggling issues.
Sure cannot tell by the pics which look great

What kind of issues did the paint have?

Bproud79

by Bproud79

Could I please ask how tall you are? The geometry looks fairly close to my current ride (Emonda) but with a shorter headtube and a hence a shorter stack. Not sure how that will translate in the real world...Thanks, I think it's a great looking bike - do you find it a nice ride? I'd hope to fit 28mm in there, guess it depends on the rim width...

welchy

by welchy

Bproud79 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:32 pm
Could I please ask how tall you are? The geometry looks fairly close to my current ride (Emonda) but with a shorter headtube and a hence a shorter stack. Not sure how that will translate in the real world...Thanks, I think it's a great looking bike - do you find it a nice ride? I'd hope to fit 28mm in there, guess it depends on the rim width...
Nope, absolutely tons of room for 28s, mine are S Works Turbo cotton 28s and could easily get 30mm clearance in :D

I’m 189cm tall, the dimensions are exactly the same as the Colnago C60 56S so was an easy switch. I find the ride to be absolutely sublime! Good luck finding one, you won’t be disappointed!

welchy

by welchy

flying wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:29 pm
welchy wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:35 pm
It’s going back to Cinelli for a respray on Warranty for a few niggling issues.
Sure cannot tell by the pics which look great

What kind of issues did the paint have?
I think there has been a problem with the paint bond, although before I jump to conclusions I’ll let Cinelli have it as they believe there is an issue and I’d much rather them just sort as they’ve been so willing and ready to accept it’s a fault and happy to remedy immediately. It was my fault for wanting to ride it when it was built that I didn’t return it.

Really it just chips exceptionally easily, I know this is to be expected but I’ve had multiple bikes in different paint finished as well as steel and you could so much a blow on it and it seems to chip :noidea: my guess is that the baking wasn’t quite right or something similar..

flying

by flying

welchy wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:44 pm

I think there has been a problem with the paint bond, although before I jump to conclusions I’ll let Cinelli have it as they believe there is an issue and I’d much rather them just sort as they’ve been so willing and ready to accept it’s a fault and happy to remedy immediately. It was my fault for wanting to ride it when it was built that I didn’t return it.

Really it just chips exceptionally easily, I know this is to be expected but I’ve had multiple bikes in different paint finished as well as steel and you could so much a blow on it and it seems to chip :noidea: my guess is that the baking wasn’t quite right or something similar..

Good to hear Cinelli has good customer service :thumbup:

What you describe does sound like something was missed on primer/prep stage or something was not
completely rinsed before primer

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com