Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Kazyole

by Kazyole

exctasy wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:51 am
Kazyole wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:01 pm
Oh wow, twins down to the frame size, and the frame you rode before. Congrats! Great looking build.

How are you liking it so far? I found that I preferred the ride of the RCA by a considerable margin to my old R5. I'm curious if you've had a similar experience.
I was smiling when i hopped on the rca. Only did a short 40km ride so far on her and yes, there's quite a difference to the R5, with similar parts and wheels.
Weighing in at 56km and not a wattage bazooka, I dont know how much stiffer this is.
I do know, the rca definitely feels more responsive, on the flats.
I love how the R5 rides when the gradient gets steeper, would love to see how the rca feels upwards.
Same. Just a couple kgs heavier than you so it's hard to have any real perspective on stiffness. Compliance was where I felt the biggest difference to be honest. There's one little descent I do pretty regularly where the road surface is pretty bad that's always a little bone-jarring no matter what you're riding, and the RCA soaks it up far better than my R5 did.

There's a shop on my weekend route that I stop by regularly for a coffee or to pick up some gels or something. One of the bigger shops on the east coast. Sells an absolute boatload of high end stuff every year and I'm reasonably friendly with the owner. He freaked out when I brought it in. Says there's nothing in the world that rides like the RCA and confided that he still has one in the back in his size, and that he wants to build it up for himself. Really affirmed I made the right decision listening him go on and on about how special of a bike it is.

Anyway, congrats again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

There is one RCA in your colorway left on R&A Cyles in a size 51cm. It's $10,000 for the frame and fork. I think you should install an alarm on it. Kidding aside, I really love your bike. That frame weight is incredible. I love the gloss clear showing the carbon underneath. I may have missed it but what was the frame weight on your R5?
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

Always the best bike in the world

exctasy

by exctasy

Kazyole wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:32 pm
exctasy wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:51 am
Kazyole wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:01 pm
Oh wow, twins down to the frame size, and the frame you rode before. Congrats! Great looking build.

How are you liking it so far? I found that I preferred the ride of the RCA by a considerable margin to my old R5. I'm curious if you've had a similar experience.
I was smiling when i hopped on the rca. Only did a short 40km ride so far on her and yes, there's quite a difference to the R5, with similar parts and wheels.
Weighing in at 56km and not a wattage bazooka, I dont know how much stiffer this is.
I do know, the rca definitely feels more responsive, on the flats.
I love how the R5 rides when the gradient gets steeper, would love to see how the rca feels upwards.
Same. Just a couple kgs heavier than you so it's hard to have any real perspective on stiffness. Compliance was where I felt the biggest difference to be honest. There's one little descent I do pretty regularly where the road surface is pretty bad that's always a little bone-jarring no matter what you're riding, and the RCA soaks it up far better than my R5 did.

There's a shop on my weekend route that I stop by regularly for a coffee or to pick up some gels or something. One of the bigger shops on the east coast. Sells an absolute boatload of high end stuff every year and I'm reasonably friendly with the owner. He freaked out when I brought it in. Says there's nothing in the world that rides like the RCA and confided that he still has one in the back in his size, and that he wants to build it up for himself. Really affirmed I made the right decision listening him go on and on about how special of a bike it is.

Anyway, congrats again.
Yeah compliance is the word! :D
thanks mate!

exctasy

by exctasy

godzuki26 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:59 am
There is one RCA in your colorway left on R&A Cyles in a size 51cm. It's $10,000 for the frame and fork. I think you should install an alarm on it. Kidding aside, I really love your bike. That frame weight is incredible. I love the gloss clear showing the carbon underneath. I may have missed it but what was the frame weight on your R5?
yeah i love the gloss too!
The weight is 5.97kg

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Very nice bike. I just built a Cervelo R5ca in size 48. Probably a little smaller than I would normally ride but I love the frameset.

exctasy

by exctasy

mnmasotto wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:20 am
Very nice bike. I just built a Cervelo R5ca in size 48. Probably a little smaller than I would normally ride but I love the frameset.
that's an awesome bike. Do upload pics!

COSTA

by COSTA

Very nice looking ride, I have a r5ca & id love to own one of these too. They really refined the design when releasing this model.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Beautiful build! Still loving mine after all these years. Can't imagine what could replace it. It truly is the best ( and probably most expensive).

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

exctasy

by exctasy

goodboyr wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:05 pm
Beautiful build! Still loving mine after all these years. Can't imagine what could replace it. It truly is the best ( and probably most expensive).

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Thanks! Your's look awesome!

SQUICCHI

by SQUICCHI

Hello, I'm looking for the same frame, size 48, old version as well. Any suggestion where may I get it from......thank you,

Andrea.

tabl10s

by tabl10s

SQUICCHI wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:18 pm
Hello, I'm looking for the same frame, size 48, old version as well. Any suggestion where may I get it from......thank you,

Andrea.
https://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?pa ... yEQAvD_BwE...

If you can't find an old version.
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

yo do you just look for old threads to necro or whats up tab?

ken872997

by ken872997

Do you have any intention of selling the cervelo rca?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tabl10s

by tabl10s

Just saw your post. I sold the NOS to a buyer in VT.
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)