2015 Emonda SLR Build (Now 6.39kg, 60cm H2) - targeting 6.30kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

prenard

by prenard

FIJIGabe wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:30 pm
Recently acquired a Bontrager XXX Bar/Stem combo, so I decided to rewire/cable the bike w/ a bar-end Di2 Junction A. Dropped the weight to 6.43kg. I've already gotten a quote for the Bontrager XXX saddle, which I should be picking up in late November!

I'll try to post some photos, this evening.
Hello,
One question about Bontrager XXX Integrated bar: how is measured the stem length ?
I want to compare it with "normal" stem length...
Thanks
Patrick

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

I got my small emonda slr to 8 1/2 pounds. Used sram red mechanical tuned, made my own sestpost since the original was too short and heavy, removed all the paint off the frame and fork, used ee brakes, xxx stem/bar, clavicula se crank, gelu saddle k3 which ultimately cracked, tune plastic stuff housing, slam that stem cover, no fork expander bolt, electric tape as handle bar tape, no hoods, extra lite cyber hubs and ax rims

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

prenard wrote:
FIJIGabe wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:30 pm
Recently acquired a Bontrager XXX Bar/Stem combo, so I decided to rewire/cable the bike w/ a bar-end Di2 Junction A. Dropped the weight to 6.43kg. I've already gotten a quote for the Bontrager XXX saddle, which I should be picking up in late November!

I'll try to post some photos, this evening.
Hello,
One question about Bontrager XXX Integrated bar: how is measured the stem length ?
I want to compare it with "normal" stem length...
Thanks
Patrick
It’s measured exactly like all other stems: from the center of the headset to the center of the bars, as they would have run if this were a normal bar/stem combo. Just measured mine and it’s exactly 110mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

mike wrote:I got my small emonda slr to 8 1/2 pounds. Used sram red mechanical tuned, made my own sestpost since the original was too short and heavy, removed all the paint off the frame and fork, used ee brakes, xxx stem/bar, clavicula se crank, gelu saddle k3 which ultimately cracked, tune plastic stuff housing, slam that stem cover, no fork expander bolt, electric tape as handle bar tape, no hoods, extra lite cyber hubs and ax rims
Nicely done, but leaving out the expander is flirting with danger, IMO.

I’m currently lacing up a new set of wheels, built around a set of LB AR46 rims and WI T11 hubs. I need something more robust for my local rides, and want to go with tubeless tires. I still plan on keeping my Aeolus 3’s, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk