Arabesque - Trying something "real" Built p4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kgt

by kgt

Chris King. Condor looks more vintage than the frame itself.

themidge

by themidge

Wot @kgt said, the Nitto copy looks very big compared to the frame, whereas the King Ti looks more in proportion. On a bigger frame I'd probably choose the Nitto copies.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

Calnago wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:36 pm
Hmmm... now it’s getting tougher. I think I prefer the Condor. Not describing weight, but it just looks a bit lighter, more “airy” for lack of a better description. I think it ties in a bit better with the frame. As for function, I don’t know, that’s your call but it looks as though it is sturdy enough and will hold the bottles well.
+1 on the Condor Stainless steel, it got a classy look that matchs the classy frame.

The CK is great but you could see it on an old mountain bike also.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

tmr5555

by tmr5555

CONDOR all the way, the CK cage looks generic and uninspired.

Look565w

by Look565w

kgt wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:32 pm
An Elite ciussi inox maybe?

Thanks kgt ....... not so sure about the red "dots" though :shock: But I suppose you won't see much of it once the bottle is in the cage!

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

Elite looks the part for me, truth to tell.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I was originally going to suggest the elite ciussi but I thought we were limited to the two options given by @Look565w. I just presumed he already had both in possession and wanted to use either or. Ha, and I think I’ve changed my mind on the Condor too, since while I think they would look nice in a photograph, I can’t imagine them performing very well over some rough stuff. So I guess it depends on what kind of use the bike is going to be subjected to. The Elite’s are a little weak in that regard too but you can always “bend” them to adjust their holding power to your liking.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mattr

by mattr

Calnago wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:09 am
The Elite’s are a little weak in that regard too but you can always “bend” them to adjust their holding power to your liking.
that's the whole "thing" with the elites. The tweaking of the shape. On my own bikes, I've used them exclusively for ~30 years and so far, never ejected a bottle.

The cages I've (rarely) had on other bikes have ejected with depressing regularity. (Mostly MTB)

Look565w

by Look565w

Calnago wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:09 am
I was originally going to suggest the elite ciussi but I thought we were limited to the two options given by @Look565w. I just presumed he already had both in possession and wanted to use either or. Ha, and I think I’ve changed my mind on the Condor too, since while I think they would look nice in a photograph, I can’t imagine them performing very well over some rough stuff. So I guess it depends on what kind of use the bike is going to be subjected to. The Elite’s are a little weak in that regard too but you can always “bend” them to adjust their holding power to your liking.
The CK I already have a pair of, whereas I had bought the Condor pairs before Xmas, their relatively cheap & they seem to hold the bottles just fine, they too are "bendable" .......... won't know for definetly how grippy they are until I try them out in the real world. But I don't plan on riding it (the Arabesque) in particularly rough terrain.

I too can't recall having any bottles ejected out of my cages through-out the years & I've had cheap plastic cages to expensive stainless-steel/carbon on my bikes!

Cheers

kavlares

by kavlares

Look565w wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:04 pm
Right, enough of the saddle for the time being!

I need help on the bottle cages :D
Cheers
there is also an Arundel that fits your concept...

kavlares

by kavlares

there it is on my Master Olympic

Look565w

by Look565w

kavlares wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:29 pm
there it is on my Master Olympic

Thanks kavlares, I have 4 carbon version of that cage on my other bikes & also saw it at Condor's website where I got the S/S cages from.

I like your Master, but can't believe you would leave it out of your sight even though it's chained/locked up :shock:

Cheers

kavlares

by kavlares

Look565w wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:23 pm
I like your Master, but can't believe you would leave it out of your sight even though it's chained/locked up :shock:
Cheers
there is a security guard on duty at the gate, so I am hopeful there won't be any incident...
on the other hand... you just gave me something to worry about...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

Security guards on our part military site let some scrote wander on site, pop a bike lock in full sight of the security building (one completely glassed side facing the bike shed) then ride out on a £4k mountain bike.

Then refused to take any responsibility.

Think they got sacked eventually. And the security contract was awarded to another company soon after.