Ryan's Forever Bike: A Litespeed T1sl #tongue-in-cheek

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rlpaul

by rlpaul

I've always liked the look of the Carbon-Ti rings, although I get the love for the MKV. I keep both sets of mine around. I've always used Fibre-Lyte for carbon rings, but I've always been curious how these perform.

The contrast between the Carbon-Ti and the Boras is pretty good. Not the same, but I think it's too easy to get matchy-matchy with weaves.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

Wasn't planning on having power on this bike but a friend had this for cheap and the spider is brand new:

Oof, two days of riding in the rain and my nemesis are completely shiny:

Quick snap in the bike room since it's still raining out:

oldturd

by oldturd

This poor bike seems like it's taken a back seat to the Focus!

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

oldturd wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:38 pm
This poor bike seems like it's taken a back seat to the Focus!
on a time out in a dusty corner
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

My Quarq DFour 170mm BB30 is slightly heavier at 577g. without the battery.

So you may see some videos by GPLama about calibrating the Quarq PM (adjusting the slope) at home using a known weight. I was going to do the same until I saw a post on SlowTwitch which has an official response by a Quarq employee. The employee strongly recommends not to recalibrate and adjust the slope at home. He said the slope doesn't change over time, and that at Quarq they use a known weight of close to 100lbs and do the calibration on a fixture that doesn't flex at all. So just a heads up in case you're thinking of adjusting the slope.

Also a question for you Ryan. I also don't like saddle bags. I have something similar to yours to store a bunch of stuff. Comes summer when you need two water bottles, do you have a solution on where to put the tool kit?

RyanH

by RyanH

This is my tool kit, it's barely noticeable in my back jersey pocket:

Cash, credit card, ID, multi tool, salt pills, valve tool and a few mils of orange seal. I also have a small pump.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Ha! What's in that black bottle? A battery for a hidden motor? :D

RyanH

by RyanH

Sometimes I wish. It's my other tool pack for when I don't want anything in my rear pockets.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I ride in areas with no cell coverage. So I have to carry a boatload of crap. Two tubes, two CO2s, speed patches, tire boot, money, tire lever, and a carbon mini pump. And because I carry so much stuff I have no need for a cell phone. So the iPhone stays at home. I need a storage solution that doesn't take up a bottle cage. And I can't use a saddle bag because I have freakishly big inner thighs that rub against the bag.

MichaelK

by MichaelK

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:45 am
I ride in areas with no cell coverage. So I have to carry a boatload of crap. Two tubes, two CO2s, speed patches, tire boot, money, tire lever, and a carbon mini pump. And because I carry so much stuff I have no need for a cell phone. So the iPhone stays at home. I need a storage solution that doesn't take up a bottle cage. And I can't use a saddle bag because I have freakishly big inner thighs that rub against the bag.
Arundel Dual or Tubi are big enough (the Tubi might even have room for your mini pump) and very narrow to avoid the thigh rubbing issues.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

MichaelK wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:25 am
pdlpsher1 wrote:
Arundel Dual or Tubi are big enough (the Tubi might even have room for your mini pump) and very narrow to avoid the thigh rubbing issues.
Thanks. This might work but I just don't like saddle bags in general. I'm contemplating on adding a third water bottle cage below the down tube. I will have to bring the frame to a builder and have him add two water bottle bosses. The third bottle cage will hold my tools. This will also lower the center of gravity, however small it might be.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

pdlpsher1 wrote:
And I can't use a saddle bag because I have freakishly big inner thighs that rub against the bag.
THICC :unbelievable: :unbelievable:

DonW

by DonW

You said you weren't planning on having power on the bike - but wasn't the SRM on there before also a powermeter?

kode54

by kode54

Nice idea to carry only about 10mL of Orange Seal. I may have to do that as well.

Does the sealant dry out in the small bottle over time? and if so, how long?
RyanH wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:14 am
This is my tool kit, it's barely noticeable in my back jersey pocket:

Cash, credit card, ID, multi tool, salt pills, valve tool and a few mils of orange seal. I also have a small pump.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

I guess everyone knew what was going to happen, lol.