by RyanH

Should be here Thursday. In the meantime, here's a picture of a box of stuff:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Looking forward to this build. T1sl will be my next build to, so many good reports of TI just makes me want to try one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

RyanH

by RyanH

The Litespeed T1sl Journey Begins

I should probably elaborate a little more about this build. I had the T3 for close to two years and during those two years, I've had somewhere around a dozen or more bikes come and go. The T3 was my goldilocks bike. So, when I put it up for a sale a couple weeks ago, it came as a shock for many. Frankie-B even pleaded with me not to sell it. BUT, it was more or less all part of a bigger plan. I've always wanted the T1sl but could never justify the upcharge of a new frame over the T3. So, in my round about way (and expensive), I sold it while things seemed good with the Wilier.

I still think the Wilier Cento 10 Air is probably the best frame out there and I would have gotten another if they weren't sold out and the Pro isn't landing until October. The primary difference being how reassuring it is on descents whereas the Litespeed is like most other race geo bikes and has that hint of nervousness. But, factoring in that I may be traveling frequently with my bike over the next year, I ended up leaning towards the Litespeed. It'll be more likely that I'll have this for the next two or more years than anything else.

The Build
Coming from a 7.3kg bike, I may have to give up my WW creds cause for this build I'm actually choosing a few non-light parts, so ironically, the T1sl will probably be a tad heavier than my T3 was in its final iteration.

Shift Group: Shimano 9150
Brakes: Shimano 9100 :shock:
Wheels: Debadged Bora 35s with 25mm Veloflex Arenberg
Crankset: SRM Origin
Saddle: Mcfk Padded (usually Berk List)
Tape: Fizik Superlight Tacky (usually Deda Elementi)
Bars: Specialized Sworks Compact
Cages: Arundel Mandibles (usually CarbonWorks)

I'll post a few thoughts on some component selection a little later when I get a free moment.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I wonder what Meghan says about this

muffinman

by muffinman

I’ll trade you your SRM for your SRM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Does this mean Isaac is going back to Litespeed too?
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

RyanH

by RyanH

No, he was smarter than me and got the direct mount version while it was on sale.

I just realized this but this will be my 6th Litespeed.

KCookie

by KCookie

I dread to think how much money we waste buying and selling bikes and parts. Shame we can't find the holly grail from the start.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Cool.

Ryan's build threads are always good reading - nothing like free (non nefarious) interent entertainment :beerchug:

Ryan, will be interesting to see what you think of the Mcfk saddle compared to the List. My thinking is that the Mcfk is sorta Aliante shaped (curved front to back and side to side) whereas the LIst is more like an Antares (flat) style. So quite different IMHO.

Cheers
GJ

oldturd

by oldturd

:popcorn: :D

look forward to this build.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Sweet. But since you are throwing WW out the window you really need to consider a pair Dura Ace pedals as well as an Ergon suspension seatpost with setback Keep in mind the Dura Ace cleats are lighter than the Speedplay cleats. I can weigh a new set of Dura Ace cleats if you need the number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanH

by RyanH

Berk to Mcfk Saddle

I've been on the Mcfk saddle for about two weeks now and I'm pretty sure I prefer it. The Berk List has been my go to saddle for awhile now. It's a very comfortable saddle but my one niggle with it is that I'd occasionally get numbness during prolonged climbs or hard efforts. I'd need to get out of the saddle every once in a while to get the blood flowing.

I saw this on Fairwheel's site while I was debating which saddle I should get for the B bike. It comes in 3 different widths and I went with the 130mm width. It's 260mm long, which puts it about 2cm shorter than the Berk. The nose is much wider too. My initial reaction when I first got on it was that it was much too firm. I felt pretty tender the next day but persisted because I had a theory that the Berk, when it flexes causes extra pressure down below and that cuts off blood flow. After a few days of adjusting, I no longer notice the firmness. I have not had any numbness either. Whether I'm drilling it and sitting mostly on the nose or seated for a prolonged climb, I no longer have to get out of the saddle. So, problem solved.

Fit and finish is also very nice with this saddle. I've had a few people comment on it and ask who makes it. The only slightly disappointing thing is the weight, it was a 20g penalty over the Berk.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Thought you clowns 🤡 were going to take it easy tonight ???? 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼🔥🔥🔥🔥🚴🏼‍♂️🚴🏼‍♂️🚴🏼‍♂️🚴🏼‍♂️🚴🏼‍♂️🚴🏼‍♂️💨💨💨💨💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼 I want some of what you eat and some good supplements or just some freak genetics from Dad .... 🤣🤣🤣🤣👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Oh snap! I can’t wait to see this. There is not enough real life information on this frame and I look forward to your ride reports. The dealer hooked you up with the lightest frame in the batch right? Looking forward to seeing the weight.....sub 1000 hopefully:)
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

How can Tummy be drunk, he’s 14 years old?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com