Ryan's Forever Bike: A Litespeed T1sl #tongue-in-cheek

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

Yeah, even I did hence the hash tag #tongueincheek. Definitely a reminder to not buy new (msrp) bikes.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

The downtube bosses should be on more bikes IMO, 3rd bottle for long hot days or tool keg sorted.
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

romanmoser

by romanmoser

What !
No more titanium :(
How will you survive

If I stand correct you are right now on :
- Izalco max
- Bianchi Oltre XR4

that's all ?

RyanH

by RyanH

I have a Litespeed Classic arriving today. I figured a cheap Ti bike setup for cruise mode would be a good complement to the Bianchi.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

AH nice I am relieved !

Am I right to assume that now when your build frame you decide like this

external cables => mechanical transmission
internal cables => electronical transmission ( EPS , DI2 )

?

kode54

by kode54

Wow. that was a fast turnaround. Someone here should pick the T1SL up and keep it live 'forever' here.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

RyanH

by RyanH

So, I'm revisiting this bike and have one inbound which should be here Friday (it's second hand and was too good of a deal to pass up). When I decided to get rid of this bike, I was at peak burnout after probably one of my longest hard riding periods (almost a year and a half without a break) so while I disliked how this bike rode at that time, in reflection, I've wondered if that was just cause I was burnt out and hated bikes period.

My ride impressions at the time (I don't think I ever did a back to back with the T3, which was an unusual choice for me since I did back to backs with all bikes to that point) was that it lost the liveliness that I enjoyed about titanium. Meaning, it rode similar to the Focus Izalco, for example, and wasn't special. I intend to spend a decent amount of time on both in similar configs so that I can see if that was an accurate impression or not. One ulterior motive for this is to revisit the build I abandoned in the fall of last year, a rim brake bike that can just barely clear 32mm tires but being Weightweenies, a 1kg frame is better than a 1250g frame, right?

RyanH

by RyanH

I forgot a picture. Don't worry, this will be rescued:

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Oh hell yeah! Long live Ti bikes. :thumbup:
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

tonytourist

by tonytourist

The fit above is too aggressive for you, I hope you plan to get a +17 stem. Slam that saddle as far forward as it can go :lol:

RyanH

by RyanH

Argh, small hiccup but I was looking at old photos in this thread of my T1sl and realized that the top tube and downtube merge on a size 52 (S) and the one I just bought doesn't which suggests it's a 54. It's not the end of the world as I should be able to get the same reach with a 140mm Zipp Sprint stem as I have the with Enve stem but I'll be 1cm higher. Looks like this will be more temporary than I was originally intending.

dolophonic

by dolophonic

not following you on this .. if it was a 52 would you have run a 150mm stem ? maybe you need a bigger bike ? are you trying to go for a Adam Blythe trpe of build ?

RyanH

by RyanH

I currently ride a 52 (375mm reach) with a slamset upper headset (2mm stack) and a -6 140mm Enve stem. A 54 frame's reach is 380mm but this bike has a Chris King headset which is 9mm stack. Ignoring the slight difference in HTA, due to the higher stack from the CK headset, the effective reach at the base of the stem gets shortened.

Edited to add:

Factoring in the increase bar height, the reach to the bars should be roughly the same or within a couple mm.
Last edited by RyanH on Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanH

by RyanH

Still waiting on some parts. Saddle and setback seatpost from Germany are expected to be here Monday. Put the spare SRM with big boy 53/39 MKV chainrings on.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Looking very nice pal

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com