A Classical Affair (Litespeed Classic)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Not DTI, but before Shimano released the bar end junction A, I was able to grind down a regular 3 port junction (about 1-2mm each side) to fit in the bar end.

I'm sure you'll be able to do the same with the DTI. Is there any way of opening the box and grinding it without the internals?
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

KarlC wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:02 am
glepore wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:07 am
I was talked out of drilling the lugs on my Ottrott for di2. I still want to do it, as I have arthritis in my left wrist, but I'm going to send it to a machinist.
Im considering drilling the Ti parts of my Seven 622 SLX for EPS.

Why would you not drill the Ottrott ?

Thread on Paceline about it. There's plenty of meat at the tube/lug junctions, but Serrota machined them rather than drilled. I'm on the fence...I don't have a drill press available and am not thrilled with doing it freehand.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

RyanH

by RyanH

Ti Cycles got back to me regarding the retrofit. It's a little under $500 and they'll remove the cable stops, refinish the frame and drill the holes. Considering how much time it took Godzuki to dremel a couple grams off his Ti Eggbeaters, I think that's a reasonable price.

mattr

by mattr

FWIW, one of my old jobs was involved in making Ti parts.
Some of them required hand finishing. It's just not worth it. If there is an option to get someone with the proper equipment to do it. Do that.

RyanH

by RyanH

New fork arrived today:

Ordered a CK Ti crown race mostly because #lazy and didn't want to pull it off the wound up:

RyanH

by RyanH

I really need to use the good camera, dynamic range in afternoon lighting is crap on the cellphone. I have a couple of WW goodies coming from Fairwheel for this bike, stay tuned...

RyanH

by RyanH

Got new cages in. 9g from Alptitude. Will report back on how they perform in a week or so.

Also got eeBrakes G4. My ride around the street has me thinking these perform on par with the Super Record brakes, which is my current favorite combo. It's interesting how differently they perform when paired with Shimano. Last pair I wasn't too stoked on it and was happy to go to 9100 (I do think G3 and G4 feel slightly differently or at least cable pairing makes a big difference in feel as I rode Dudemanppl's max with G4, 9150 and 9100 housing and felt it was a downgrade to g3, 9150 and ilinks) I'm going to swap them onto the Max next week to refresh my memory though so I'll report back on that.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Ti Cycles does some crazy impressive work on frames. They have a service to convert rim brake frames to disc, including squaring dropouts and respacing stays.

Also, I thoroughly love how far overboard your builds go.

RyanH

by RyanH

Deep wheels for KarlC:

KarlC

by KarlC

RyanH wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:07 am
Deep wheels for KarlC:

Lol, but dang you build nice bikes, go deep or go home.

Nice thing about those wheels is they dont feel deep when you dont want them to.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

RyanH

by RyanH

jbaillie wrote: Also, I thoroughly love how far overboard your builds go.
Ha! This one definitely takes the crown on that. It started off as "I have this frame, let's see if it's worth building up so let me tape on my spare EPS group and spare parts" to this.

This rekindled my affection for Ti though. I rode the Izalco Max today and there wasn't anything about it that was like "oh, this is a lot better." Instead, everything just felt weird. I'm going to ride it for a few more weeks to see if there's any niggles I identify before I send it off to Ti Cycles. I haven't fully gotten a feel for its descending mannerism. I have a sense that I'd prefer a slacker hta but we'll see. A custom build would be on order otherwise. Probably an Indy Fab or maybe Moots RSL with a level TT? There's a unicorn Moots on ebay right now, a Vamoots SL in my size but the HTA is steep on those and was designed for a taller fork than an Enve. For those that don't know about the Vamoots SL, they use seamless 6/4 tubes. Only frame to ever do that and only one company in the world was able to make those tubes: Reynolds in the UK. They are fairly light, claimed around 11xx grams.

RyanH

by RyanH

Here's some better pictures:

KarlC

by KarlC

Thats classy
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Imaking20

by Imaking20

That Vamoots done sold... Ok though since I'll still bet it was a size or two up ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I just love this old school titanium updated with modern parts. Really digging those Werking bottle cages. They are in UD which is a change from the 3K Carbonworks cages that are so popular here. Please let us know how they are with retaining water bottles on bumpy roads and how they compare to Carbonworks cages. Thanks!
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD