Stelbel Rodano..... New wheels Pg3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mrfish

by mrfish

Lig,bI always look forward to your bikes, so had to look at your C50 post to check whether I remembered it. In all honesty had confused it - but very nice C50 you have! Not sure I'd sell it as the buttery smooth ride and loud paint is not easy to find. Rode my C40 to work for the first time in 6 months and I'm keeping mine. Steel Merckx corsa 01 54cm in vgc and interesting build will need to go though if anyone's interested.

Lig

by Lig

hi Mrfish and thanks again, have a look at the gallery on my web page as these are all the bikes I have built in the past (mainly for friends and to sell, but some for myself)...... Sadly the C50 has now gone to a new owner but yes I think it is irreplaceable. I would love to keep all my rides, but I dont have the space nor the money and as you can see I love building new ones!! :D

http://gallery.3kbikes.co.uk/#!home

Cheers,
Lig.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lig

by Lig

많은 감사 Kazmazx

bura

by bura

Yes,also like this one. Maybe except how rear skewer lever is placed.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Lig

by Lig

Hi Bura and thanks again - if that is your only criticism then I am very happy :D

I always try to have my skewer levers 'parallel' to the ground as this just looks right to me!

Cheers,
Lig.

bura

by bura

Hi Lig.... No problem with the parallel placing . I am an old school cyclist and we were taught that this could/would add some injury risk to other riders in group rides if one of them would get tangled between lever and wheel. So you still can use your parallel look but turn the lever 180 deg. to the front. I am aware that in days of disc brakes we find it tough to reach that message out to younger riders.
Once more, like your big bikes...all flawless builts.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Miller

by Miller

Lovely bike. I agree with the remark about rear QR lever but I wonder if that socketed dropout might interfere with aligning it forward.

euan

by euan

Definitely will be the hooded dropouts. Its a problem with Breezer dropouts too and straight armed levers.

Are the TIG welds ground smooth?

Lig

by Lig

Cheers guys - yeah I think the dropouts will prevent the levers going forward, so they will stay as they are :D

Euan - yes the welds are super smooth!!

Lig.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

So great to see a low volume frame like Stelbel appear on WW - and dressed the way it should. Fantastic build. Please do tell us more about how it rides when you have a chance.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Lig

by Lig

Hi all,

A quick update.....

I have done a good few miles on the Rodano now and I absolutely love it! However this was helped by the purchase of some new wheels. The Enve's were nice, but just too heavy and I wasn't really happy with the look of them on this 'classic' frame, so I bought some Mavic Ksyrium Pro Carbon SLs. These transform the ride and bring the overall weight down to 7.46Kg, not bad for a steel build!

It is hard to explain 'how' it rides, but it is different to carbon, a smoother ride and not quite as responsive or 'twitchy' like some high end carbon, it just feels more planted, maybe more solid??!!!

The rear is a bit flexy as I had read, but this is not a major issue as it still climbs really well. There visually seems much more flex in the fork than my other bikes.

One plus over my carbon bikes is how it descends... it just seems much smoother round the bends. This could be to do with the fork angle and material \ flex (I am not that familiar with frame angles), but the fork seems to work extremely well on this bike.

I dont know what else to say appart from it is just a real pleasure to ride, much better than I had expected and a very nice noticable change from my carbon collection.

For those who are tempted or have already bought one and are waiting for it then I really dont think you will be dissapointed :D

Here's how it looks with the Mavics...

Cheers,
Lig.
Attachments
1.jpeg
IMG_1865.jpeg
Last edited by Lig on Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

MattN

by MattN

8)

mrfish

by mrfish

:D :D glad you’re happy.

Regarding the skewers, does a standard old school campag or Shimano skewer allow you to fold the skewer flat along the chain stay, if so, maybe Paul’s components skewers might be nice?

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Clean ride and build. I bet it rides very nice.
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

Congrats Lig! A great built it was .A better one it's now.
Kuota Kom Evo
SOLD