Colnago C64 - Inside and Out

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

--deleted
Last edited by wickedstealthy on Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Gareth79 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:51 pm
wickedstealthy wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:01 pm
Does anyone have some info on the weight of the thru axles used on the C64 or V3rs ? Im trying to see if it is worth getting some nice Carbon-ti for my upcoming built or not.
Just unboxed my C64 frame. Rear is 32.8g, front is 27.2g. They are unbranded, so likely nothing special.
Thx man. Cool. So not worth the hassle to shave 7gr :mrgreen:

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Gareth79 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:53 pm
Further to my decision, just received it from Cavaliere Bici!
Ah, so it was you! I added this colourway and size to my basket on their site the other week, got distracted for a few moments and when I came back 52-S was no longer in stock. I messaged them to check and was told that someone had just ordered the last one in that size. They offered me one of the 2022 team colourway frames for the same price but I'm not sure if I like it as much.

Fair play though, it's stunning. If by some miracle you do decide it's the wrong size please let me know!

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

That's a fantastic colour way. Hope you do that frame proud with a classy build

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

jff6791

by jff6791

Anyone else been notified that C64 framesets in larger sizes (>54) are officially out of production? This reportedly to allow tooling up for next generation frame. Good news I suppose if that's what you've been waiting for. Not so great for any builds that might have just entered the pipeline.

Freewayflyer

by Freewayflyer

Hi,
I'd appreciate advice from your experience reaching the front saddle adjustment bolt on top of the seatpost under the saddle rails (saddle nose). My saddle is the original Colnago (Prologo) without the central cutaway, so accessing the top of this bolt with a hex key (4 mm) laterally is allmost impossible...tried with a short arm hex...(stubby)
there's no room to properly conect the key to the bolt nor to apply any significant force...
The bolt has a finger dial but it's not movable by hand, it may move with a soft jaw pliers haven't tried this yet...
So is the only solution to change the saddle to one with a cutaway that allows access to this bolt from above...?
May be it's a good solution but the original saddle is comfortable and looks good so I do not necessarily want to change it.
Be glad for your opinion & good advice.
Many thanks !

micky

by micky

That's a bit annoying for adjust saddle position, but you must unscrew almost totally the rear bolt and then you can turn the front one by hand; basically you must do micro adjustments until you reach the exact position you need.

Freewayflyer

by Freewayflyer

Thanks Micky !
I'll do that. I'm sure it will work.
The same like adjusting saddle position on conventional seatposts by releasing / tightening front and rear bolts from bellow.

Gareth79

by Gareth79

Mockenrue wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:25 pm
Gareth79 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:53 pm
Further to my decision, just received it from Cavaliere Bici!
Ah, so it was you! I added this colourway and size to my basket on their site the other week, got distracted for a few moments and when I came back 52-S was no longer in stock. I messaged them to check and was told that someone had just ordered the last one in that size. They offered me one of the 2022 team colourway frames for the same price but I'm not sure if I like it as much.

Fair play though, it's stunning. If by some miracle you do decide it's the wrong size please let me know!
Oh haha, sorry! I did wonder how many they had and then noticed 52 disappeared from the list. I did also ponder the black/blue matte frames myself, eventually deciding on the gloss. They did drop the price on those right after I ordered, it was €3-400 more when I ordered which swung my decision between 52/54. I'm sure they would look awesome though - got for it!

I'm currently mid build here. I needed to swap my CeramicSpeed BB from the old Concept frame, and stripped the splines off the stupid plastic tool I had, so ordered the metal CS tool. I had to build a wooden clamp to hold it against the frame, since Colnago put the BB liner on *really* tight, and it slipped once and scratched the frame a bit. It did then still scratch the frame around the BB, but I got it out without serious damage (I think Hambini pointed out that the BB splining is a really poor design, compounded by a badly made tool by CS where it basically grinds the frame unless you are somehow skilled enough to hold it in the perfect position!) One thing to point out though - the CS tool works perfectly on both the factory BB liners and the CeramicSpeed BB, despite them being a slightly different shape. When researching I found a post on here stating that it does not, but I had no problems.
Last edited by Gareth79 on Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gareth79

by Gareth79

Duplicate post, so I'll add a pic of my BB rig...
Attachments
photo_2022-02-26_14-55-20.jpg

sevencyclist

by sevencyclist

Here are a pair of light cages that works on Colnago C64 without needing supplemental weight of valve nut. Voxom FH12
Image2022-03-01 10.13.34 by sevencyclist, on Flickr
Image2022-02-22 15.21.10 by sevencyclist, on Flickr

ms6073

by ms6073

jff6791 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:05 am
Anyone else been notified that C64 framesets in larger sizes (>54) are officially out of production?
Did you have a C64 in a larger size on order and now it is on hold? I had enquired with a dealer a couple months ago about a size 52H and although nothing official had been anounced at the time, I was told via email that the size I had enquired about was not available, for which the dealer sumized similar reasons. I would have thought that Colnago would first have notify dealers before halting production for updating molds for the next generation, but this could also simply be due to supply change issues.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

jff6791

by jff6791

ms6073 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:35 am
jff6791 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:05 am
Anyone else been notified that C64 framesets in larger sizes (>54) are officially out of production?
Did you have a C64 in a larger size on order and now it is on hold? I had enquired with a dealer a couple months ago about a size 52H and although nothing official had been anounced at the time, I was told via email that the size I had enquired about was not available, for which the dealer sumized similar reasons. I would have thought that Colnago would first have notify dealers before halting production for updating molds for the next generation, but this could also simply be due to supply change issues.
Correct - it was a 60s and we've been advised the build will not happen with that frameset. Apparently the end of production news didn't trickle down until the order was placed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fogman

by fogman

Gareth79 wrote:Further to my decision, just received it from Cavaliere Bici!
Is this a MySixty4 colorway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.