Colnago C64 - Inside and Out

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fogman

by fogman

kgt wrote:Image
@kgt. Very cool. I like it. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Fideliojbc

by Fideliojbc

ms6073 wrote:If your C64 is the disc brake model and you are running a mechanical drivetrain, I do not think you will be able to accomplish internal routing through the stem. If you are running EPS or Di2, then you should be able to route wires and hydraulic brake hose through the stem's inner bore. That said, you will need to make sure brake lines length are pretty exact as once installed, any changes will more than likely new hydraulic brake hose and depending on the handlebars, a good bit of effort to route the hose and wires.
Thanks, it is the disc brake model and the plan is to build it with Sram Red AXS. I found a piece to be installed instead of the red one that comes with the stem that allows the cables to go inside the stem and turn into the steering. I hope it works

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

geoffism

by geoffism

Fideliojbc wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:59 am
ms6073 wrote:If your C64 is the disc brake model and you are running a mechanical drivetrain, I do not think you will be able to accomplish internal routing through the stem. If you are running EPS or Di2, then you should be able to route wires and hydraulic brake hose through the stem's inner bore. That said, you will need to make sure brake lines length are pretty exact as once installed, any changes will more than likely new hydraulic brake hose and depending on the handlebars, a good bit of effort to route the hose and wires.
Thanks, it is the disc brake model and the plan is to build it with Sram Red AXS. I found a piece to be installed instead of the red one that comes with the stem that allows the cables to go inside the stem and turn into the steering. I hope it works

I just had mine built out (c64, 52s, PJWI) with di2 Ultegra. I have the Deda Superzero RS bar & stem, and the LBS used the "colnago spacer wedge" that was included in the bike accessories - no issues with the internal cables. Initially, though, the cockpit setup didn't "hold" (came misaligned during my first ride, noticed about 30 miles out), and LBS applied some carbon paste and re-tightened the stem. No issues since (been out a few times).

Fideliojbc

by Fideliojbc

geoffism wrote:
Fideliojbc wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:59 am

I just had mine built out (c64, 52s, PJWI) with di2 Ultegra. I have the Deda Superzero RS bar & stem, and the LBS used the "colnago spacer wedge" that was included in the bike accessories - no issues with the internal cables. Initially, though, the cockpit setup didn't "hold" (came misaligned during my first ride, noticed about 30 miles out), and LBS applied some carbon paste and re-tightened the stem. No issues since (been out a few times).
Would you please share a picture of the handlebar and the stem?
Thanks

ms6073

by ms6073

Fideliojbc wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:00 pm
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Fideliojbc

by Fideliojbc

ms6073 wrote:
Fideliojbc wrote:
Looks good. Thanks
But it is not a Deda Superzero right?

geoffism

by geoffism

Fideliojbc wrote:
Thanks

Here you go:
Attachments
IMG_1092.JPG
IMG_1091.JPG

ms6073

by ms6073

Fideliojbc wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:21 am
Looks good. Thanks
Nope, the bar is the Enve SES Aero handlebar
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Fideliojbc

by Fideliojbc

ms6073 wrote:
Fideliojbc wrote:
Looks good. Thanks
I like that one but checking the specs it has no hole to route the cables inside the stem. Am I missing something? Did you drill it to run the cables inside the stem?
Thanks

ms6073

by ms6073

Fideliojbc wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:39 am
ms6073 wrote:
Fideliojbc wrote:
I like that one but checking the specs it has no hole to route the cables inside the stem. Am I missing something? Did you drill it to run the cables inside the stem?
I guess Enve did not want to update the mold of the original SES bar like the new SES AR bar which does have a molded slot to route cables internally so I carefully drilled a hole that is dimensionally just large enough to for the hydraulic hoses and Di2 wires.
- Michael

mrfish

by mrfish

Did you check that Enve used the same layup for both bars? It might be the later version has additional reinforcement.

d8mok

by d8mok

New member here who's ordered a C64. Having just read the entire 43 pages I feel I've learned some bits but since I'm pretty naive with road bike standards I've still got many questions.

So far I've got the frameset and wheels coming. My plan is to likely go with a SR9 stem unless anyone can recommend any better alternatives (farsports have been mentioned elsewhere ) gp5000 28mm and ultegra di2 12 speed.

What should the new frameset come with in the box? I've read some accessories,spacers and maybe even the cup tool?

I'm in the UK

Thanks

sevencyclist

by sevencyclist

13.66 lbs or 6.21 kg as is. Rode great up local climb of Old La Honda!
Image2023-02-12 09.35.41 by sevencyclist, on Flickr