Colnago Tecnos

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

alexg98

by alexg98

hi, i'm also on a Tecnos, size 54, with all new components, except the fork which is an earlier Look HSC1 full carbon "340 gramms". I think the frame is that shinny that it is a reasonable decision to built "her" up all black.
did the same with my Tecnos. i rode a Master X-lite before with most components in silver/alloy and wanted something different in looks. the Tecnos got a complete restoration and new clear coat. i decided to get the rear stays painted, they where chromed before, except the chain stay. in the result the only polished/chromed parts are chainstay and head lugs. imo also the black king headset fits better than a silver one. only thing i'm concidering is to change the black brakes into silver ones, and the stem from 3T to Thomson X2. we all know the picturs of classic steel with polished gruppos - so i think its refreshing if someone puts something other than that on an older frameset.
Attachments
ww1.JPG
ww3.JPG
ww2.JPG
ww5.JPG
ww7.JPG
ww11.JPG
IMG_1.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

Pretty bike. Do you like the HSC? Everyone complained about their flex, but I found it pretty comfortable.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

dgasmd

by dgasmd

While I personally would have gone with white tape and saddle along with all black tyres and maybe even hyperon wheels, it looks fantastic the way it is. OK, so I hate the tyres, but that is it LOL.....

coreyaugustus

by coreyaugustus

I love the bright purple color. What a fine build!

OCSlick

by OCSlick

The purple is awesome. Just actually bought this same frame myself. Does anyone know what tire clearance the Tecnos has? I'm looking at either some BTLOS or Light Bicycle wheels which have 25mm or 26mm width and want to make sure the bike frame can clear those wheels + 26mm tires.