Yeah... :-D
Attachments
DSC_0279.JPG

marek

by marek

MaxPower wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:41 pm
Where did you get this direct derailleur hanger from ? Do you notice some change in shifting ? Any difference in noise ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MaxPower

by MaxPower

marek wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:55 pm
MaxPower wrote:
Where did you get this direct derailleur hanger from ? Do you notice some change in shifting ? Any difference in noise ?

Blackbird - mechanik rowerowy. Find him on Facebook. They fit fantastically.

Well... Noise/shifting is fine and pretty much the same - a bit more consistent though (mechanical r8000) throughout the cassette, were it was a tiny bit hesitant with 2 cogs(consistently) . Under load it is a bit better too.

Very reasonable priced too.

Love the looks. But i love weird custom details. As i see it, 2 years search are over.

marek

by marek

MaxPower wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:04 am
marek wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Well... Noise/shifting is fine and pretty much the same - a bit more consistent though (mechanical r8000) throughout the cassette, were it was a tiny bit hesitant with 2 cogs(consistently) . Under load it is a bit better too.

Love the looks. But i love weird custom details. As i see it, 2 years search are over.
That is unbelieveable. I've also been searching for this since 2 years and now it turned out to be available in Poland. And I'm from Poland :D

Big thanks !

(what else custom you have on Oltre ?)

MaxPower

by MaxPower

marek wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:26 am
MaxPower wrote:
marek wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

That is unbelieveable. I've also been searching for this since 2 years and now it turned out to be available in Poland. And I'm from Poland :D

Big thanks !

(what else custom you have on Oltre ?)
Not much... Well, paint is (if you count factory paint) never seen another acid green xr4 anywhere. Custom was maybe the wrong word, but 'specially selected details' might be better wording :-D

Sapateira

by Sapateira

MaxPower wrote:
marek wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Really thanks for the tip about hanger!

Regards

smokva

by smokva

Here is mine XR4 in "custom" colors. Funny that if you want full celeste you must go to custom paitjob. Sorry gor bad light conditions :)

Mine is the biggest size, and I would like to put some integrated aero handlebar with aero spacers like Metron 5d/6d (I don't like shape of 5d btw) however Metron doesn't have my reach (120 mm reach and 44 width). Does anyone know of some other handlebar of this type with aero spacers that would fit nicely with oltre...first headset spacer (top cap spacer) is critical here.Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MaxPower

by MaxPower

smokva wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:16 pm
Here is mine XR4 in "custom" colors. Funny that if you want full celeste you must go to custom paitjob. Sorry gor bad light conditions :)

Mine is the biggest size, and I would like to put some integrated aero handlebar with aero spacers like Metron 5d/6d (I don't like shape of 5d btw) however Metron doesn't have my reach (120 mm reach and 44 width). Does anyone know of some other handlebar of this type with aero spacers that would fit nicely with oltre...first headset spacer (top cap spacer) is critical here.Image

I have not seen any "integrated" option for the rim version. Disc runs FSA ACR, which i think is a super nice solution as you can both use the stem/bar 5d/6d or get a stem only, and both "fit" nicely with the fram.

smokva

by smokva

MaxPower wrote:I have not seen any "integrated" option for the rim version. Disc runs FSA ACR, which i think is a super nice solution as you can both use the stem/bar 5d/6d or get a stem only, and both "fit" nicely with the fram.
Sorry, I havent express myself properly...I'm not trying to hide cables, all I want is integrated (meaning one piece stem+bar) aero bar with aero spacers to have nice integration with frame...headset top cap snd spacers must follow line of the frame.
Metron 6D looks great (hate 5D), but they don't make them in my size 120-44.
ACR Carbon stem is too expensive and I'm not thrilled about looks, but yes that might be solution at the end.

I was looking at Deda Alanera, but I'm not sure how would it's top cap and spacers follow the line of Oltre XR4.
If anyone is riding Xr4 with Alanera, I would be grateful to see pic of headset and spacers.

MaxPower

by MaxPower

smokva wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:13 am
MaxPower wrote:I have not seen any "integrated" option for the rim version. Disc runs FSA ACR, which i think is a super nice solution as you can both use the stem/bar 5d/6d or get a stem only, and both "fit" nicely with the fram.
Sorry, I havent express myself properly...I'm not trying to hide cables, all I want is integrated (meaning one piece stem+bar) aero bar with aero spacers to have nice integration with frame...headset top cap snd spacers must follow line of the frame.
Metron 6D looks great (hate 5D), but they don't make them in my size 120-44.
ACR Carbon stem is too expensive and I'm not thrilled about looks, but yes that might be solution at the end.

I was looking at Deda Alanera, but I'm not sure how would it's top cap and spacers follow the line of Oltre XR4.
If anyone is riding Xr4 with Alanera, I would be grateful to see pic of headset and spacers.

I´m pretty sure that there are no other "integration" first-spacer (top bearing spacer) for the XR4 than FSA´s (metron specific). Maybe find someone willing to 3D print one to your spec´s?

safd009

by safd009

For those who still have the disc brake XR4, how are you enjoying it? Considering buying a used one.

In addition what's the largest tire size, actual width, one has tried? I would like to run 30mm GP5000 S TR, which would likely be closer to 32mm.