Hongfu FM079

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

The Darimo mount with a phone works, but there are several caveats. To make the phone compatible with the Garmin adapter, I used a cheap silicone case and a Garmin-mount sticky patch. The patch that came with the Zrace out front mount broke, sending the phone skidding the road, but it survived undamaged. I went with a patch from another manufacturer (the design is slightly different), fingers crossed the phone will stay put. But the most important thing is that the patch had too much play when locked into the K-Edge mount used by Darimo, so much so as making the "mount" part absolutely unsable. To address the issue, I installed the Zrace Garmin plastic mount onto the Darimo, the fit is very secure. K-Edge and Zrace adapters are quite similar, except for a slight difference in hole distance, but it can be done with some elbow grease. Over uneven roads, floppy phone case wobbles a bit, if anyone can recommend a minimalistic, hard Pixel 4a case, I'd appreciate that.

As for the hoses, I picked up new custom nuts from the machining shop today. These have a 4.1 mm hole compared to regular 5.1mm. The caliper-side nuts were also made shorter to help with poor RX-4 clearance. The new olives are for 4 mm hoses too, ordered from AliExpress. Will attempt to fit the hose in several weeks when spare bleeding syringes arrive.
Attachments
PXL_20210819_162750327.jpg
PXL_20210819_162711581.jpg
PXL_20210819_162917098.jpg
PXL_20210819_162934040.jpg
PXL_20210819_163022169.jpg
PXL_20210819_092246043.jpg

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Good news:
Found a good deal on Aethos S-Works along with a pair of ST-R9170, all the DI2 wiring, junctions, battery, BR-R9170 front and rear, Specialized stem, handlebar and seat post in what seems a brand-new condition or super mint (except for a minor paint scratch). 390k RUB (about 5200USD) in total - more than I earn a month and not a wise decision several weeks ago, but with RUB going down day by day, this now amounts to about 3200USD.

Bad news:
The *f##k* war *f##k* up all my plans, my everyday life lies in ruins. No immediate access to most of my savings, which will probably be confiscated or forcefully converted to RUB - not even good enough to wipe the bottom. You can't even pay for or get a delivery of necessary bike parts. I plan to leave the country soon, can only take a single bike with me, afer selling and giving away all my stuff. The Aethos will have to wait until I find a new place to take a breather in, settle down a bit. Maybe in a couple of months. Compared to what people of Ukraine experience right now, my rant doesn't stand a chance, but at least with a new job abroad I'll have money to donate to refugees and what free Russian media remaining, which I can't right now because of sanctions and counter-sanctions. If anyone needs an experienced frontend developer in EU, email me at klaster1@gmail.com.

Слава Украине.
Attachments
My new Aethos S-Works
My new Aethos S-Works

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

takolino

by takolino

Man, that is f'd up. Best of luck to you and hope you get to a better place soon. Looking forward to seeing the Aethos built up. I'm sure it will be amazing.

Maddie

by Maddie

Best of luck, Klaster_1

freepk

by freepk

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Today, I sold the frame, it served me well for 8 years. This brings the tale of probably the lightest FM079 to an end. It could absolutely have gone sub-5, but the stars didn't align right. You can follow the Aethos build here. People already put the usual Darimo/THM/Extralite on these, so nothing as original as this thread, but mine at least will have some mods carried over.

Here's a photo from the last ride. Fun fact: in russian, "moose" means a very avid cyclist.
PXL_20210827_132442031.jpg

mwh0169

by mwh0169

Klaster_1 wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:04 pm
Today, I sold the frame, it served me well for 8 years. This brings the tale of probably the lightest FM079 to an end. It could absolutely have gone sub-5, but the stars didn't align right. You can follow the Aethos build here. People already put the usual Darimo/THM/Extralite on these, so nothing as original as this thread, but mine at least will have some mods carried over.

Here's a photo from the last ride. Fun fact: in russian, "moose" means a very avid cyclist.
PXL_20210827_132442031.jpg
Just spend a couple of hours following your FM079 journy. It was great fun, now looking forward to your Aethos build.
Thanks for postng.