Third Time's a Charm: Litespeed T3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

I only spent a little time on 9100. I don't see an issue running the brake housing with any of the shift groups, except Campy seems to be very sensitive to bends on iLinks and doesn't feel as smooth as Campy housing. SRAM and Dura Ace work well with iLinks brake housing. Ymmv for the shift housing. It was working fine with Campy but it can take a few rides to fully settle in.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Sorry for all the questions, but you seem to be the Litespeed guru of these forums. :D

Did you have any issues running the Carbonworks cages with your small frame? I find that on my Litespeed the bottle cage bosses are very low on the seat tube. With the long 'tongue' of the CW cages (i.e. the L shaped piece that holds the bottom of the bottle), I'm wondering if you found that your bottles were resting on the down tube rather than the cage? Seems that the Alptitude or Mandibles would work better for the seat tube cage since they hold the bottles a bit higher up.

RyanH

by RyanH

It's been awhile since I had them but now that you mention it, I think the seat tube bottle rested on the down tube and not the bottom lip.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Thanks! I’ll probably go with the Mandibles to be safe.

oldturd

by oldturd

RyanH wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:07 pm
It's been awhile since I had them but now that you mention it, I think the seat tube bottle rested on the down tube and not the bottom lip.
Can confirm - just checked some old photos :beerchug:

RyanH

by RyanH

I'm contemplating shaving some further grams on the T3 but I do it with hesitation since the bike is perfectly dialed in right now. I'm going to test each component one by one to make sure it doesn't adversely impact the ride quality. The plan is to update the stem, cranks and fork to THM (and possibly the brakes).

The first change was installing the THM fork I have sitting around. With expander and integrated crown race, it weighs 265g versus 318g for the Enve with Extralite base plate and Extralite expander. So, a savings of 53g.

I did a first ride on the THM fork today. Nothing of concern yet, ride seems roughly the same. I recall the issue I had with the R5ca was that high speed sprints the fork felt noodly so I'll need to continue testing that but I couldn't detect any noticeable flex in it today.

I also put the THM SRM on. I have a 110bcd on order with SRM which should shave 76g over the Cannondale SRM.

I'm on the fence about the 3k look of the fork. The THM Tibia stem is 3k matte and the cranks are 3k matte so I may need to spray the fork matte clear. If I do that, I may add THM logos in blue.

Also, to save further weight since the THM PF30 BB is a pig at 114g (thread together design), I removed the shims on the SRAM DUB PF30 Bottom Bracket and used that with one microshim on the DS and two microshim plus a 2.6mm spacer on the NDS. Dub BB is 73g so that's a solid savings over the THM option and a few grams lighter than the pf30 setup since there are fewer spacers.

RyanH

by RyanH

I got a THM stem to see if I like the looks. I'm on the fence. I have THM matching cranks to go with it and a set of Fibulas on order. If I wanted to go full matchy matchy I could order a Darimo 3k seatpost and 3k mcfk saddle.

I think the T3 should probably revert back to how I had it with Enve fork and stem and I should acquire a T1sl to throw the light stuff on.

What're your thoughts?

iamraymond

by iamraymond

My vote is for the Enve fork and Enve stem as they match better with the form and finish of the Darimo post.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Throw the light stuff on the T1SL
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Yep me too throw that light stuff on a t1Sl

But no to fibulas compared to ee brakes

Nixster

by Nixster

Confess I don’t like the THM stem but the cranks look good. I’d vote Darimo IX2 stem, THM cranks and spray the THM forks matt.
Thought you didn’t like the T1SL?

kococchi

by kococchi

I'm sorry for my english ...
Hi, I saw your opinion on the Extralite headset. Thank you for your important attention! I have an ENVE fork. I used the Cane creek 110 IS42 bottom and the Ritchey WCS Carbon top with a plastic (blue) compression ring for a long time. The steerer tube is in perfect condition. I am losing weight on my bike so I bought Extralite Ultratop 42 headsets (unfortunately they were knocking all the time). After reading your opinion, I bought a new Chris King Dropset2 Griplock headset. Unfortunately, there is also an O-ring in the new kings. Do you think it's best to buy a CaneCreek 110/Slamset/? Are you still using Slamset? (currently the new Hellbender 70 slam model) Cane creek has a very narrow / low compression ring. CaneCreek informs that their headsets are designed for carbon steerer tubes. The ring of old Ritchey and Chris king is much wider / thicker. However, I am concerned about the O-ring in Chris King. Maybe I'll go back to the old Ritchey headset with the plastic ring

flying

by flying

RyanH wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:54 pm
I think the T3 should probably revert back to how I had it with Enve fork and stem and I should acquire a T1sl to throw the light stuff on.

What're your thoughts?
+1 on Enve fork & stem :thumbup:
Except I would forget the T1 be done with it & just ride the T3 happily ever after :beerchug:

kode54

by kode54

RyanH wrote:I got a THM stem to see if I like the looks. I'm on the fence. I have THM matching cranks to go with it and a set of Fibulas on order. If I wanted to go full matchy matchy I could order a Darimo 3k seatpost and 3k mcfk saddle.

What're your thoughts?

I have a THM stem. Didn’t like the look. Switched to Darimo stem.

Get the Darimo seatpost with MCFK saddle, or MCFK stem with matchy saddle. Also, like the Enve fork aesthetically.

I have a THM Fibula brake set I used for a few rides if you need a set and can’t get one due to wait time. LMK
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc