Third Time's a Charm: Litespeed T3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

foregroundmusic wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:12 pm
Is the plan to move everything on this to the Ultimate now? I happened to see the classified posts on Paceline for the other stuff from that build
I'm abandoning the Ultimate build. They pushed the ETA back another month (4 weeks -> roughly 12) and as time went on, I increasingly wondered why I'm replacing the T3 and if it's worth messing around with another bike when my only gripe with this one is that the TT is sloping and it has cable stops affixed to the HT. I also justified it by increased tire clearance but the reality is: a) I don't own a set of clinchers and b) there's not a pair of tubs out there that are larger and outperform the Veloflex offerings.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

You should consider a Low.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Prawn

by Prawn

a) I don't own a set of clinchers and b) there's not a pair of tubs out there that are larger and outperform the Veloflex offerings.

I have, on occassion, strayed to the dark side of clinchers and been tempted by the allure of wide tyres... only to realise that mid-width tubs remain the best solution.

DHG01

by DHG01

I think that T3 is a rolling spectacle, but I was looking forward to seeing the Ultimate. I really like the looks of non sloping top tube. The Ultimate in size M is a very good geometry for me, but from what I ve seen, the non sloping top tube comes with a cost that opens options to other builders.

Ryan, you refer to grade 5, what grade is the T1? I know it is the different 6/4 alloy.Also, I ve noticed some higher end titanium's are much more compliant, particularly with road buzz, that some is the more economical frames (e.g. some Lynskeys, Van Nicholas, etc). It is something I am intrigued about, but can't find much info.

RyanH

by RyanH

@DHG01 the cost of the Litespeed Ultimate on sale with semi-custom geo was only $2200, so it was still a bargain compared to most other builders.

Grade 5 Ti is 3/2. The difference in feel of higher end Ti has to do with tube shaping and butting. If you research based on those two terms you'll find a lot of info online about how builders fine tune ride by butted tubes and tube shaping. The same principles apply to other metals like steel.

kawib

by kawib

Hello...first post here...may i know where you purchased the decals? Really neat :D

jrobart

by jrobart

Just took advantage of the Litespeed sale myself... found it hard not to. Upgrading my 2017 T5G frame to the Ultimate Gravel frame. Lighter, more nimble and greater tire clearance. Recovering from major shoulder surgery at the moment, so its highly unlikely that I will get to ride it anytime soon as I've been told I can ride outside on the road again "after all the snow melts." Argh!
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

RyanH

by RyanH

Unfortunately Graphics Shack is no longer in business. If anyone knows who took over for them, let us know.

RyanH

by RyanH

I was excited to use my new Seasucker mount today.

A little less than pleased with the aftermath to say the least...

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Time for a new IG review..

fogman

by fogman

Was that permanent damage to the paint finish or did it rub out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

RyanH

by RyanH

Permanent. Compounded for half an hour with a DA polisher and while it looks better, it's still visible in direct light. I had to stop by a body shop today to drop off some Aero side skirts to get finished and they said they'd need to block sand it. They were surprised since the paint on my car didn't feel gummy (insufficiently hardened).

foregroundmusic

by foregroundmusic

Wow, that's wild, did you reach out to Seasucker? I've had stuff similar that I was able to get out with Meguiars 105 and my DA polisher, but that looks more serious. I can't tell if that's a moon roof or a sun roof from the picture, but could you move the mounts forward and mount it there?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Oh no! That is terrible! I hope you get things sorted out.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

RyanH wrote:Permanent. Compounded for half an hour with a DA polisher and while it looks better, it's still visible in direct light. I had to stop by a body shop today to drop off some Aero side skirts to get finished and they said they'd need to block sand it. They were surprised since the paint on my car didn't feel gummy (insufficiently hardened).
Welcomed to Porsche paint. It’s the one thing I sincerely detest in my car. You look at it the wrong way while parked and you get swirls, scratches, and chips! I had a MB before this one car and you could drive through a gravel rain and not a chip everImage

I had a similar pattern develop on the roof of my older MB. However, it did “wash out” pretty easily. Knock off seasucker though. Can’t possibly imagine what about the rubber auction and such could cause that kind of paint damage. Sucks regardless!!

I have heard from many that have done it that way that you can actually put the seasucker on the sunroof glass itself. I’ve never done it myself as in theory at least I don’t like the idea of the forces pulling on the rubber gaskets that make the glass edges water tight. YMMV