MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

This is back on the road in a very different guise. A few updates due this week then I'll get some new pics up...

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Nice mate always look forward to your builds

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

So, here's where it's at now:

I went with a Ti stem because I had it on hand. The Ti post followed, from a local Ti bike company, Bossi. I'm regretting selling the eeWings I had briefly last year as they would have finished it nicely, but I wasn't keen on the wide Q-factor. As I now have my own bike workshop I can get trade prices on stuff, so the Ingrid CRS-R2 cranks in raw became the choice (Appleman RX2 and 5Dev were possible alternatives, with Boone Twist v2 in raw as an outsider), and I'm very happy with them.

Bar tape and saddle are from Selle Repente. The saddle is amazing. Possibly the most comfortable saddle I've ever used.

I have a set of El Platino eeBrakes on the way to 'tie the room together' too.

Unfortunately the Dugasts had their last ride at the weekend - the tread was separating from the carcass at the back, and the valve failed on the front. It's already wearing a set of Veloflex Pro Tour 28c tubbies instead, though.

I'm also currently working with the builder on rebranding the company - he had 6 orders cancelled last year and had to stop building. I can't help thinking the name and branding could be coming into play there as the bikes certainly have appeal and ride fantastically. It may still come to nothing, though...

JessieJim

by JessieJim

Hi! I'm new here too!

spartacus

by spartacus

RichTheRoadie wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:44 pm
So, here's where it's at now:

I went with a Ti stem because I had it on hand. The Ti post followed, from a local Ti bike company, Bossi. I'm regretting selling the eeWings I had briefly last year as they would have finished it nicely, but I wasn't keen on the wide Q-factor. As I now have my own bike workshop I can get trade prices on stuff, so the Ingrid CRS-R2 cranks in raw became the choice (Appleman RX2 and 5Dev were possible alternatives, with Boone Twist v2 in raw as an outsider), and I'm very happy with them.

Bar tape and saddle are from Selle Repente. The saddle is amazing. Possibly the most comfortable saddle I've ever used.

I have a set of El Platino eeBrakes on the way to 'tie the room together' too.

Unfortunately the Dugasts had their last ride at the weekend - the tread was separating from the carcass at the back, and the valve failed on the front. It's already wearing a set of Veloflex Pro Tour 28c tubbies instead, though.

I'm also currently working with the builder on rebranding the company - he had 6 orders cancelled last year and had to stop building. I can't help thinking the name and branding could be coming into play there as the bikes certainly have appeal and ride fantastically. It may still come to nothing, though...
Such a cool bike. I hope the builder can keep going.

JessieJim

by JessieJim

What a color! I'm a fan of this bike!

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

JessieJim wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:39 am
What a color! I'm a fan of this bike!
It's not 'colour' - that's the natural wood!

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Here's the latest build:

This time the SRAM Red is topped off with a set of the El Platino II eeBrakes and an Ingrid CRS2 crank in raw silver. The cockpit is rounded out with a ControlTech TiMania stem and Ti Bossi post, plus a deliciously matchy Selle Repente saddle and tape.

I previously missed out on the 'bourbon' Chris King parts, so this time I made sure not to repeat that, grabbing the 'Espresso' headset and seat clamp from Wolf Tooth - even changing the fork for a Columbus Futura rim brake to make the headset work!

Nixster

by Nixster

A beautiful machine, really like the colour combination of the wood and metal parts! Maybe remove or cover the Columbus logo on the fork though?

Could you say more about the ride quality? Comfort, vibration damping, torsional stiffness? Is it snappy like Carbon, softer like Ti or springy like steel?

Very curious 😀

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Nixster wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:16 pm
A beautiful machine, really like the colour combination of the wood and metal parts! Maybe remove or cover the Columbus logo on the fork though?

Could you say more about the ride quality? Comfort, vibration damping, torsional stiffness? Is it snappy like Carbon, softer like Ti or springy like steel?

Very curious 😀
Yeah, I could lose the fork logo, but I don't hate it right now so the effort isn't worth the benefit!

Everything I can say about the bike is captured in this clip from a while back: