New guy... these are my rides.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

those rotors look so much better then my dura ace level ones... I need to swap for aestitics.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

spdntrxi wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:22 pm
those rotors look so much better then my dura ace level ones... I need to swap for aestitics.
I hate the way DA rotors look. These are TRP Spyre rotors. I have XTR rotors on the 650 wheel set.

ElCollier23

by ElCollier23

Looking real good.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

A couple of shots with of the Diverge out on the road... err... trail?

Since getting the 650's... they have stayed on the bike full-time. This bike is a whole lot of fun.

nismosr

by nismosr

that's a great addition Rich , other than the D/R path where in our area can you ride a nice gravel road ?
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Spectacular bike. I love the way the build turned out. BTW, definitely keep the 650b's on there, because the 700's look like they don't give you enough tire clearance (IMO).

prebsy

by prebsy

The diverge paint scheme is really top notch. I really like how you organized all your bikes into one thread. I personally have lost track of all my builds over the past 5 years =)

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

nismosr wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:00 pm
that's a great addition Rich , other than the D/R path where in our area can you ride a nice gravel road ?
There's actually a bunch of gravel roads up in the Bedminster area, maybe 18-20 miles worth that zig zags across paved roads and through farms and golf courses. The last few Saturdays I've gone up there.

There are also a bunch fo gravel roads that run through the Sourlands area that the Hell of Hunterdon course uses.
FIJIGabe wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:00 pm
Spectacular bike. I love the way the build turned out. BTW, definitely keep the 650b's on there, because the 700's look like they don't give you enough tire clearance (IMO).
Actually, the tire clearnce is pretty much the same.
prebsy wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:30 pm
The diverge paint scheme is really top notch. I really like how you organized all your bikes into one thread. I personally have lost track of all my builds over the past 5 years =)
Thanks man... yea, it just seemed easier to keep everything in one place. I also didn't have detailed build pictures of the first couple of bikes as they were alreayd built before I became a member here.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Hopefully a shiv tt disc coming soon? We need more photos of you on the TT whip :(

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:14 am
Hopefully a shiv tt disc coming soon?
Not likely...
icantaffordcycling wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:14 am
We need more photos of you on the TT whip :(
All ya gotta do is ask... hahahaha

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I haven't been on here in a while.... but have something "new" to me in the works. I can't wait.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Nice rides!!!! Why like specialized so much? There are many brands out there, just curious

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

mike wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:41 pm
Nice rides!!!! Why like specialized so much? There are many brands out there, just curious
That's a good question... I think it has a lot of answers.

The first road bike I bought was a Specialized... I rode the bike to a total weight loss of 77 pounds, so theres definitely a certain nostalgia that I associate with the brand because of that experience. I also like the fact that they are always consistently pushing the limits of technology. They're the only brand with their own wind tunnel. They're always exploring new ways to go faster and make better bikes and their flagship bikes across the various different genres are usually considered benchmarks that others in the category are judged against... the Tarmac, the Roubiax, the Stumpjumper, the Enduro, the Diverge.. the list goes on... heck, even the even S-Works Shoes are widely considered the best. For sure their are lots of great bikes out there. We have a wealth of riches to choose from when it comes to bicycles, but just like choosing to ride a Burton snowboard, you can rarely go wrong if you choose a Specialized.

It also helps that I have a great relationship with my local bike shop, that is a Specialized dealer. There have definitely been other bikes from other manufacturers that have caught my eye, but choosing one of them also means I'd be choosing to go with a shop that I don't know, that I don't have a relationship with, with a mechanic I don't know.... It would inevitably cost me more money and time and would be a gamble if I'd end up with something that was ultimately better. Here's a perfect example, shortly after I built my Venge a friend if mine had gotten a hold of a BMC TimeMachine... I thought that bike looked SOOO cool. At some point, I jumped on it and I was immediately sure of my choice in the Venge. That BMC just felt kind of dead to me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Thanks so much! You bring back memories. I thought the specialized alles epic was the best bike at its time and was copied by trek with their 2100. You are right specialized has always been an innovator and have fun bikes to ride.