New guy... these are my rides.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

leaning all the way in for aero in the Eddy TT series.... swapped my bars over to some Roval Rapide size 38 (from the SWorks Aerofly 1, size 42). The fit is sooo much better.

also picked up some DT Swiss ARC1400 80mm wheels with DT240 hubs. The wheels look so mean.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Whats your saddle height?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Picked up a new gravel bike... 2024 Crux Expert, swapped all of the SRAM stuff for Shimano GRX Di2

mrfish

by mrfish

Crux expert is nice, I have one myself. Any particular reason why you swapped the groupset? I find the Sram stuff annoys me a bit with minor stuff like noticeable slow shifting, brake long lever pull and not enough click when shifting, but not enough to swap everything.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

mrfish wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:42 pm
Crux expert is nice, I have one myself. Any particular reason why you swapped the groupset? I find the Sram stuff annoys me a bit with minor stuff like noticeable slow shifting, brake long lever pull and not enough click when shifting, but not enough to swap everything.
I mean.. a number of reasons why. For me, gravek riding is mucg closer to road riding than it is MTB, at least when it comes to the efforts required. For long, steady efforts, I'm much more concerned with finding the right cadence to control the effort exactly as I want. For MTB or even cross, the efforts are usually short and explosive, up and down, punchy.. etc... so cadence and finding the right gear isn't as important as finding the right gear, quickly to get up a small, punchy climb. For that reason, I wanted a 2x set up... and I felt like if I was going to swap to 2x, I might as swap the whole thing around and get exactly the group set I wanted. I run Shimano on litereally every other bike, so it would just be easier to also have this bike on Shimano for wheels, chargers, batteries, etc.