New guy... these are my rides.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

mike wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:15 am
Thanks so much! You bring back memories. I thought the specialized alles epic was the best bike at its time and was copied by trek with their 2100. You are right specialized has always been an innovator and have fun bikes to ride.
You're welcome.... now that I think a little more about it. I also love how Specialized does limited edition bikes for their rider's to commemorate big wins. I know that a lot of manufacturer's do special bikes for the final day of the tour if a rider is going to win a jersey, but I don't really recall many of them then offering those bikes for sale. Specialized does World Champ bikes, TDF bikes, Giro bikes, heck... they ever did a sepcial Roubaix bike for Boonen, several times. I think that kind of stuff is cool. I've known a few pro bikers and for the most part they usually just view the bike as a tool, get a new tool each year... but somewhere I hope some of them save the special bikes that commemorate some of their biggest professional acheivements.

NealH

by NealH

I believe Contadore said he would never depart with his Giro winning SL3 Tarmac.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

NealH wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:49 pm
I believe Contadore said he would never depart with his Giro winning SL3 Tarmac.
I can beleive it... They did a number of bikes to commemorate wins for him.

dcj10

by dcj10

That picture is sensational with all the colours and the natural light :thumbup:

Main ride Aethos Expert 2021 https://weightweenies.starbike.com/for ... 0&t=169445
First reserve Pegoretti steel 2012 Ciavete paint viewtopic.php?f=10&t=168091

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

dcj10 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:20 am
That picture is sensational with all the colours and the natural light :thumbup:

Thanks.... this was along the D&R canal that runs from Trenton, NJ to New Brunswick, NJ and connects the Delware river to the Raritan river. It is a combination of dirt, crushed stone and cobblestones in some sections.

drumjdds

by drumjdds

impeccable builds and a beautiful collection (drools..)

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Busted out the proper camera this afternoon for some good pics. Man I love this bike... 3 rides on it and it just performs so well. It handles just like the SL5 did, but is a tick more comfortable on the bumpy chattery stuff. It seems to hold speed well, perhaps as well as my 1st generation Venge did. I really can't wait for the roads around here to get a little better and pop on some good road tires. The Rubino Pro's are good but not the same as Corsa's. I've also got a good bike scale coming, so I'll have a weight soon.

ddddd1

by ddddd1

Very nice bike... Imho the SL6 haven't aged at all. When they introduced it back then I thought it was probably the most stunning bike out there and after all these years I still think so, especially in this colourway.
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Took some new pics yesterday with the new wheels... DT Swiss ARC 1100 50mm w/ Continental GP5000s.

AS13

by AS13

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:40 pm
Took some new pics yesterday with the new wheels... DT Swiss ARC 1100 50mm w/ Continental GP5000s.

Gorgeous bike! Are those the stock decals that come with the rims? I have a pair of the same wheels but my decals are different from yours (Single 'DT SWISS' decal across valve instead of double like yours)

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

AS13 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:29 pm
Gorgeous bike! Are those the stock decals that come with the rims? I have a pair of the same wheels but my decals are different from yours (Single 'DT SWISS' decal across valve instead of double like yours)
Thanks. They are the stock decals that came with the wheels. I have also seen the version as you're describing on yours and I think it was a change that DT Swiss made to differentiate one model year from another. If you scroll back through their instagram feed, you'll see the different graphics at different points in the history of the feed.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

AS13 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:29 pm
So... I did a little research and based on this post, it seems that the double decal wheels were only available to sponsored athletes or teams.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfa5ZVkKffB/

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Last year, I picked up a pair of DT Swiss ARC1100 62mm wheels to use for Eddy Style TT races. Finally had a chance to get them on for some races and snapped a pic a few weeks ago. They are fast and I've had some good success with a 1st in my first race back and 3rd in the second race.

Man, the iPhone software really does some weird things to make the fake bokeh effect... got to remember to just grab the real camera next time.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Just dont use portrait mode on anything else than portraits.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com