Firefly FF028 Ti Road

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

gravity

by gravity

fa63 wrote:That looks to me like a 1-1/8" head tube.

I thought so too, but 1 1/8 and 1 1/4 actually look almost identical.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

@rekhyt I'll admit I have toyed with the idea of debadging the fork, but so far have opted against it. I've also considered it with the crank and shifters. We'll see.

As for the tube diameters, honestly beyond the headtube I don't know. I'm sure I could get the figures from Firefly.

Headtube is a standard 1 1/8" non-tapered. Regular Chris King NoThreadSet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gravity

by gravity

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Longsjo Classic this weekend was awesome. Got destroyed & had a blast.

Last edited by jbaillie on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Off with the race wheels, on with... whatever this setup is called.

Cheap 32h OEM wheels off a Trek (presumably Formula hubs/Alex rims), 28mm Vittoria Randonneur Cross tires and Shimano M520 mountain pedals for D2R2 this past weekend.

euph

by euph

Your number is the wrong way around D2R2? R2D2

McGilli

by McGilli

Oooops... Great bike!

rockenrolla

by rockenrolla

love everything about this build, except... pf30 :)

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Occasionally I wish I'd gone with the standard-threaded.

I'll be honest, when I bought this I had only ridden sub-$1k aluminum bikes and didn't really have any idea what I was looking for in a high end bike. As far as head tube, bottom bracket, etc. I was just basing my decisions on what I was reading.

On the bright side, I've had the bike over 5 years now and the BB hasn't given me any real problems. Eventually I'll replace the groupset, and that will make it more difficult, but overall I'm still over the moon with this thing.
Last edited by jbaillie on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanandreas

by sanandreas

With the right bottom bracket and proper installation there is no problem with PF 30.

rockenrolla

by rockenrolla

jbaillie wrote:I know, I know. I wish I'd gone with the standard-threaded. I'll be honest, when I bought this bike I'd been riding a Scott Speedster for less than two years and didn't really have any idea what I was looking for in a high end bike. As far as head tube, bottom bracket, etc. I was just basing my decisions on what I was reading.

On the bright side, I've had the bike over 5 years now and the BB hasn't given me any real problems. Eventually I'll replace the groupset, and that will make it more difficult, but overall I'm still over the moon with this thing.

In that case, you are one lucky man :lol:
Like I said, other than that, I really like her. Firefly was on my list of potential builders for my project and there's a good reason for that.

jkzy

by jkzy

Instead of debadging the fork, I think stealth black on black decals would look really good and match the firefly decal

jbaillie

by jbaillie

PSM wrote:New cockpit. 50 gr penalty.

[img]happyride.se/forum/file.php/1/file=298619/filename=M10_160513.jpg[/img]

I don't think so... the stem weight between the 3T and Thomson is basically a wash (151g vs. 149g by my measure) and the seatpost from Thomson is a fair amount lighter (260g vs. 238g). Bear in mind I had the heaviest option of both when I was running the 3T kit. I got the Thomson kit largely because I think it looks good, but the weight is still pretty good for alloy bits.

thedonnydino

by thedonnydino

jbaillie wrote:Occasionally I wish I'd gone with the standard-threaded.

You can always thread the bottom bracket to accept T47 thread fit bottom brackets.

I had my bike designed around a T47 bb, but they were not available when the bike was complete, so I rode around on a PF30 bottom bracket until Enduro released the T47.

I've put thousands of k's on my t47 without a problem, and bike is tremendously stiff with a big, fat bb junction!

michel2

by michel2

did you just had thread cut into the existing pf 30 shell ?btw, great to see bike love that last longer than a season or two, my colnago and i are shortly have a our ten year anniversary ! (-:
thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com