The goal of the bike was to reach ultra-ultra-ultra light territory while being incredibly robust, and without compromising on any functionality. (Now I know the first objection to that statement will be that it doesn't have drops; that's just a quirk I have loved in my bikes for a long time. So for ME, it has all the robustness and function that I want; others will say they'd change X, Y, or Z.) I wanted a bike I could ride on any paved road and be confident in the ride. To hit weights this low and still have that function, I designed a number of parts specifically for this bike (but which will also be sold via TriRig.com in the near future). These include:
- The brakes - all the power of TriRig's renowned Omega series, but at a fractional weight even LIGHTER than AX or THM brakes.
- The skewers - based on TriRig's wonderful Styx skewers. Just 21g, but with a standard T25 bolt head for easy wrenching and no specialty tools to lose or fail.
- THE PEDALS - Yes, Mercury is back and better than ever. LOTS more to come here. But basically, lighter than previous Mercury AND with true ball bearings. Those of you who liked Mercury will absolutely LOVE Mercury SL.
- The pursuit bar - A lovely 200g bar/stem combo which mates perfectly with ...
- The controls - brake lever and friction shifter combo that comes in at an insane 70g for both levers AND the rear shifter. Can be set up with a front shifter for about 10g more.
Let me know if you'd like a full part list for this bike, I did collect weights and specs for most of the parts as they went on.