2003 XTR rear der.??

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

karlux

by karlux

I'm litle concerned about it! I'm going to buy new components for my bike, as I do every season, but I don't know a lot things about new XTR group. My problem is that I'm confused about rear derailure, I don't know - is it reverse or not. I have heard that normal directon of shifting ,like old, one is only with short leg. Is it true? Is shimano producing this year any normal derailur, because I concerned about shifting performance too. I don't believe that spring can pull derailur up the gears during some hillclimbe.
Can anyone help me out!
Light weight everything!

Cyco

by Cyco

The new XTR is only available in rapid rise. The current modle (952) is still going to available (I think Specilazied is specing them). When used with a normal rear deraillier the shifter action is "the same" as a road lever and I found this setup to be much more intutive.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Punk182

by Punk182

I was a huge rapid rise skeptic till I tryed the new XTR on my 9.8. Now I love it. You chang up shift as quicky but you can shift under power. This makes sese for mountain biking. Road riding its more sprinting so they want shifting preformance on the down shift! Cheers