Lightest mountainbike rigid fork

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

What is the lightest mountainbike rigid fork with boost spacing?

Everything I have found so far is in the region of 700 grams. Seeing as gravel forks with internal routing are being built in the 400 grams region, 700 grams just seems a lot.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fatpinarellorider

by fatpinarellorider

I wouldn't know, but it seems you sorta prioritised the newer wider (and heavier) hub standard over and above weightweenism here... :|

:noidea:

Upcountry

by Upcountry

fatpinarellorider wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:32 pm
I wouldn't know, but it seems you sorta prioritised the newer wider (and heavier) hub standard over and above weightweenism here... :|
This is fake news... You're talking 3g-10g difference from any of the big manufacturers between a 12/15x100mm and a 15x110mm hub...

I sort of paid attention to weight when looking for rigid fork for my Epic build... I ended up with an SP Cycles, as it was the shortest axle-to-crown I could find and it weighed 625g. Curve Cycling out of AU also has a similar weight(615g stated) 480mm a/c boost fork that is probably as light as you'll fnd...

jemima

by jemima

Orbea Spirit fork 480mm atc mentions 575gm.
Curve Grovel ti.

zscs

by zscs

My old Niner QR15 15x100mm fork was 646g with uncut steerer tube.

Changed the RS QR15 axle to a Maxle Stealth one (70g -> 37g), cutting the steerer to ~18cm the weight went down to ~595g.

FYI: I'm using the superlight Trickstuff Deckele as a 'star nut' (14 grams only) with it. ;) Almost 6 years of using for training and also for racing, so if not only gram shredding but also reliability is important to you, I have good news for you regarding Niner forks. :) https://www.strava.com/activities/9542617529

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I really like the Niner. Unfortunately the current boost fork only sells with the cargo cage bolts.

The Orbea Spirit fork is new to me. It looks very nice! Thanks for the tip. I think it would look very nice with the frame I have - a Radon Jealous. I wonder if the weight claim checks out.