Fake XTR pedal in aliexpress

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

rukomasa

by rukomasa

Hi members
This is just FYI, I ordered XTR pedal in aliexpress and found it a counterfeit. Different fnish, Slightly different sizes. I also checked other seller, most of them 1st pic is genuie original one but other picture looks like black pedal body does not have XTR unique matte finish. Weight is almost identical btw.

They already refused refund. See if aliexpress helps in dispute.

Top:Fake Bottom:Genuie

fsp15923

by fsp15923

Please share the site so we are all aware of this shop at Alieexpress. The price would have most probably given it away in the first instance.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pushpush

by pushpush

I expect every product that has a recognizable name from AliExpress to be fake.

How do the Fauxmano pedals feel? I need a new pair of SPD pedals for my trainer.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

yes, everything in aliexpress is counterfeit. they sell everything from pedals to the "high end" framesets. small items are ok to buy like bottle cages but anything else where my teeth are at stake i would not buy, including pedals.

alexdi

by alexdi

Can you pull both apart and show the axles and bearings?

rukomasa

by rukomasa

fsp15923 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:38 pm
Please share the site so we are all aware of this shop at Alieexpress. The price would have most probably given it away in the first instance.

The shop i have ordered is below, however, I searched other shops after this fake, none of them looks original all polished black body which is counterfeit.

https://ja.aliexpress.com/item/10050058 ... pt=glo2jpn

rukomasa

by rukomasa

alexdi wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:55 pm
Can you pull both apart and show the axles and bearings?
When they refuse refund finally, I will upload pics. Cheap pedals are mostly built on bushing and cartridge bearing, but from the feeling of rotate by my hand, it similar to the genuie XTR pedals, a bit heavy though.

Yes, I should not buy any branded high price parts from Ali, but I just couldnt stop myself for trying. There's so many sellers selling simlar counterfeit XTR pedals, my intension of this post is more like, not only XTR, not only Ali, there're a lot of conterfeit shimano pedals floating around in the market. I made a blog post in Japanese but a lot more photo. Please enjoy.

https://note.com/bikes/n/nf55f23519d5c

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

mike wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:51 pm
yes, everything in aliexpress is counterfeit. they sell everything from pedals to the "high end" framesets. small items are ok to buy like bottle cages but anything else where my teeth are at stake i would not buy, including pedals.
Well that's true in the slightest. There are lots of good buys on there. It's not all great but I've found more than a few really nice products.

fsp15923

by fsp15923

rukomasa wrote:
fsp15923 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:38 pm

The shop i have ordered is below, however, I searched other shops after this fake, none of them looks original all polished black body which is counterfeit.

https://ja.aliexpress.com/item/10050058 ... pt=glo2jpn
The price difference is not that far off, so that would not have thrown you off in believing it's genuine.

rukomasa

by rukomasa

BikeTyson wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:32 am
mike wrote:
Well that's true in the slightest. There are lots of good buys on there. It's not all great but I've found more than a few really nice products.
Yes, For tubless valve stem, presta valve core, carbon flatbar, carbon seatpost i didnt have problem so far. XCADEY spider PM was -6% offset required to match my other meters but consistant for years. This time, I over-estimate my luck.

I could buy the genuie XTR pedals about 110USD here, I tried to save 20 USD more, stupid idea I had.

rukomasa

by rukomasa

Now not only seller but also Aliexpress itself refused to refund. According to them, seems like they do not have enoguh information to judge.
If any of you have PD-M9100 real predal, can you upload the hireso photo to see the different finish? I have already send the shimano official web page but in case they continue to deny.

This is fake one. Totally different finish.

kervelo

by kervelo

mike wrote:
yes, everything in aliexpress is counterfeit.
This. I would never buy anything from aliexpress.

req110

by req110

Unfortunately the price is the same as for original ones, which are on sale now on multiple websites.

Aliexpress is OK for product, where you are OK with product that it fake, like:

- adapters for computer mounts (inserts for wahoo for example)
- bottle cages, those xxx are as good as originals, pair for 20usd.
- some tools for bottom brackets
- neodyme magnets
- 3m stickers

All of above ideally as cheap as possible, ideally with free shipping, so prc don't have much profit on it. :D
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rukomasa

by rukomasa

Aliexpress offered about 20USD pay back with saying "evidences is not enough". Just for record I noted here.
I just deny and still discussion going.