5.95KG Full Suspension .

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SK5

by SK5

Watch this space . It is single speed with front and rear discs, fully adjustable shocks . I'm using my old Scott Spark Limited Edition frame . I'm updating on my Facebook but will share here when complete .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

js

by js

So you're definitely saying weight weenieism is alive and well!? This sounds like an awesome project!

SK5

by SK5

For me it will never die . I've doing this for nearly 24 years and will never stop . I ride all kinds of bikes and I build electric bikes too (I learned how to build the controllers and motors) . For me light bikes will always hold a place in my heart and that will never change .

SK5

by SK5

Here is the video of the bike being weighed .
Last edited by SK5 on Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SK5

by SK5

zscs

by zscs

Interesting build, could you please share the parts list?
Have you laced the wheelset up to a special rim or simply missed a few 'spokes' from the build?

The brake system looks quite special. 1 brake lever actuates two brake calipers? :)

SK5

by SK5

I'm going to be taking pics soon when the weather gets better and then do a parts list . I can tell you quickly it has Tune Prince and Princess hubs, Darimo bar and stem, Extralite BB and headset, THM Clavicula cranks, Gelu saddle (with custom graphics I designed) and Aerolite pedals with custom carbon sleeves . I also made the carbon chainring for the cranks, yoke clamps for the saddle and some other parts for it too .

The wheelset is specially laced by myself . To reinforce the eyelets I added carbon kevlar which only added a few grams .

Regarding the brakes it uses a Trialtech splitter to one lever . At the moment pressure is a little weak at the front but I just need to keep bleeding and adjusting and eventually will be equal but they do stop very well with the ceramic discs .
Last edited by SK5 on Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SK5

by SK5

- -

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com