RockShox Flight Attendant XC Shock

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ccie6872

by ccie6872

Seeing more and more pros using the FA for XC... does anyone know when it will be releasing?

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Bumping this up for any more info... I'm holding back on fork/shock upgrades for my Epic in case FA becomes available for us XCers.

Anyone got info?

Edit, in addition to Fox Live Valve, SR also have Tact, which I have never heard of until just now. Tom Pidcock was using it last year apparently, I'm going to have a look at that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xcl

by xcl

Rockshox won't tell me a specific release date but they hinted it will be after the middle of March.

snaxez

by snaxez

Transmission was released 21.03 last year, so I would guess March/April release. Might come same time with new Specialized Epic.
You can order Orbea Oiz LTD model with Flight Attendant for 1499€ extra. (Swaped from fox factory) "Sram Flight Attendant SID Ultimate 120mm+190x45mm+XX SL PM"

https://en.brujulabike.com/speed-compan ... spensions/

forgottenOne

by forgottenOne

FA will be launched together with the new Epic Evo middle of March ;)

RaffiCA

by RaffiCA

You want to ugrade Epic (not EVO)? Please share your understanding once FA is released, my fear is FA will only be compatible with limitations, if at all.
At front no issues, but back you might go with yoke conversion kit first, compatibilty is still a question.
Kurt1980 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:55 pm
Bumping this up for any more info... I'm holding back on fork/shock upgrades for my Epic in case FA becomes available for us XCers.

Anyone got info?

Edit, in addition to Fox Live Valve, SR also have Tact, which I have never heard of until just now. Tom Pidcock was using it last year apparently, I'm going to have a look at that.

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

forgottenOne wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:46 pm
FA will be launched together with the new Epic Evo middle of March ;)
Niiiice, I'm looking forward to this.... Hopefully will make for a racy setup.

forgottenOne

by forgottenOne

It seems that RS has already launched the website for FA. Videos and links are not yet available.
https://sram.typeform.com/fa-kit-builde ... w.sram.com

Launch will be today (in a few minutes)

vboy19

by vboy19

I just posted this in the other Epic thread, it's annoying to me that rockshox is selling the fork with the ultimate lowers and if you look all the pros are riding on the lighter sl lowers with the cut out. Wondering if I buy the sl fork the upgrade from there to 120mm of travel

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Questions about the cadence sensor, if anyone can help.

Long story short, I'm running some carbon e13 cranks with a hawk racing BB and power2max PM. It's a pretty nice setup and I'm in no hurry to switch that out if I can avoid it.

1. I'll probably have to get the sensor (I assume there's no plans for SRAM allowing third party hardware).... does anyone have dimensions of the sensor? I want to know if it will fit in my cranks.

2. Is it possible to run FA without the sensor and just use the manual override switch? Obviously not ideal, but maybe a workable solution while I work out what to do with the cranks.

3. Does anyone know of a place to buy the sensor? Most places seem to be many months away from having stock.

Thanks all!

chris47

by chris47

Hi,
I will most likely be buying the pike/super deluxe upgrade kit that comes with the pedal sensor. I'm also buying the quarq XO crank to get full FA functionality, leaving me with the pedal sensor unused. Send me a pm, and we can probably figure something out :)

snaxez

by snaxez

Sram says: RockShox Flight Attendant Pedal Sensor or SRAM power meter must be paired into the system.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Thanks. Ridiculous. Amazing that people can convince themselves there is any value in this proposition.
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

qwertzuiop

by qwertzuiop

bikewithnoname wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm

Thanks. Ridiculous. Amazing that people can convince themselves there is any value in this proposition.
You could quite literally post that same comment under any thread in this forum.