any chinese mtb frame in 2023 ?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Upcountry

by Upcountry

You're treating carbon fiber bikes like they're a grenade, and the second any part of it other than the tires touch the ground a pin has been pulled... They're far more durable than you're giving them credit for. And beyond that, you're speaking like people crash their bike, then run home and list it for sale. This is the main issue I take with your viewpoint. I'll give you some room on the argument that some bikes get crashed. But I'd bet that 99% of those bikes continue to get ridden for quite a while longer by the person who crashed them. If there were some major issue, it would present itself pretty shortly after the crash...

You needn't look far for proof that your theory doesn't hold water... The Pros Closet has 400 mountain bikes listed at the moment. Do you think that their business model would be able to sustain the liability and expenses if half of those bikes were "damaged" and it resulted in issues/crashes for the purchaser? With as litigious as we are these days, it just wouldn't work, and there simply wouldn't be a market for used bikes if it were all as high stakes as you're making it out to be. I'm sure The Pros Closet rejects some small portion of bikes it receives coming in upon inspection... This isn't exclusive to TPC, and as a buyer through any channel, you're obliged to give your purchase an inspection upon arrival, but that goes for new bikes too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

froze

by froze

My theory holds plenty of water, it's been done many times, but you want to believe all is find and dandy buying used CF bikes even after I gave you proof with another website. I will no longer respond to anyone else in regards to this. If you don't want to listen, or think all is rosy there is nothing I can do to change your mind, nor will I any longer waste my time trying.

By the way, before I leave this discussion. Pro's Closet partners with Broken Carbon which is a very well-known carbon repair shop, they thermographic X-Ray all frames and forks they get to find hidden damage before they sell the bike.

Upcountry

by Upcountry

I'm not trying to come across as rude. We each have our opinion, and we're expressing that on a public forum intended for exactly that. It's not that I don't value your opinion, and your personal decision to not purchase used carbon fiber bikes, but rather that I'm offering a counter opinion that some might identify with. I'm fine leaving it be as well, with two notes...
froze wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:19 pm
even after I gave you proof with another website.
Proof that half of used carbon bikes on the market are damaged isn't providing one blog by a guy who manages a single bike shop... which sells new bikes.
froze wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:19 pm
Pro's Closet ... thermographic X-Ray all frames and forks they get.
This is incorrect. They do not perform this inspection on all bikes. They perform this inspection on a very very small portion of the bikes they receive, and as a result of a visual inspection red flag...