Cervelo Full Sus XC bike

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cjpshawe

by cjpshawe

Fem Van Empel spotted riding a cervelo full sus xc bike in a Dutch race today! https://twitter.com/Cyclocrosss/status/ ... TkXvQ&s=19
20230507_145510.jpg
Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

1202thomas

by 1202thomas

Looks a lot like a Santa Cruz Blur. Considering both brands are owned by PON group, it could be a resprayed blur for Jumbo riders.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cjpshawe

by cjpshawe

Possibly, given its Fem riding more likely a Juliana Wilder, possible that Cervelo take on the xc bikes from Santa Cruz, would be more on brand?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

magnusss

by magnusss

Pinkbike did a video of a prototype of this and the new hardtail a long time ago, but the video was taken down very fast. The FS bike was alot like the Blur but there where some small differences. Ex, I think the Cervelo had cable routing through the headset.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Being ridden as an HT at Nove Mesto XCC
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

DanW

by DanW

I suspect that rigid link won't do the frame much good but if you are a pro a crack or two is less of an issue :)

Karvalo

by Karvalo

DanW wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 3:42 pm
I suspect that rigid link won't do the frame much good but if you are a pro a crack or two is less of an issue :)
I don't think there's much that the Nove Mesto short track course can throw at a solid link that would hold a candle to how hard you can bottom out a shock in the course of 'normal' riding.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Forgive my limited knowledge but how does it work? I'm guessing the carbon bends.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

XC rules: you have to use the same frame for XCO as you use for the Short Track. They are removing the shock for the Short Track and replacing it for the XCO to stay within the rules, but still run a hardtail equivalent in the Short Track.