Super light and reliable FS Mtb china frame

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Casio20

by Casio20

Hi mates,
I've just seen the YFM059 Airwolf 29ER BOOST Carbon Mtb Frame 148*12mm Full Suspension Frame and would like to know your opinion, it even has 120mm travel with EP rear shock.

It's a frame which just got released and therefore i didn't find anything on the web.

Do you know EP (threated) rear shock system?

Or the Flybike FM1206? 1650gramm weight

Thanks a lot for your support

elzilcho

by elzilcho

I have no personal experience with Airwolf but have read mixed reviews. Their pricing tends to be on the higher side with less customization options.

Carbonda sells a lot of the Flybike frames and has a good reputation. They sell the FM1206 under the name FM909, and are about to release it in a 120/120 travel version that I'll be ordering.

Chinertown has a more active forum for Chinese mountain bike frames if you want to do some research there. I haven't seen anyone on there with the YFM059 yet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

I just ran across this frame and it looks pretty interesting. However I cannot for the life of me find a shock that fits. No threaded shocks for the EP mount or a clevis style for the EV mount. Maybe swaping to a cleavis mount is simple, but my searching skills cannot find either a shock or infor on how to convert.

FWIW I have an Airwolf hardtail that is the Epic HT clone and it has done well through about 10 rides this year. Catch some air with it and raced it as well. Can't speak to long term longetvity though.

Would love some more info on shock options

F45

by F45

11.Rear Shock:EV link 190*40mm,EP link 200*50mm

That is some goofy shock sizing. 190x40 is modern metric sizing so any eyelet shock should work.