New Pinarello XC MTB

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Pauline was on one too. Be interested to see the details.
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

zscs

by zscs

I'm just curious: is there any connection between BMC and Pinarello? Sorry, if this would be an obvious thing, I'm really don't know. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to see more details. ;)

stoney

by stoney

js

by js

I'm not at all surprised by this bike - maybe the hirst link main pivot, as that's actually pretty cool and makes an improvment.

I hope it rides well, but wonder who would buy a bike from a company that prioritizes a hole in the bottom bracket (adds weight, collects mud for the benefit of ???) versus the ability to run a second bottle. I apprecaite that World Cup racers may not ever want a second bottle on the bike, but those two aren't buying the bikes!

Giovanni Pinarello's acquired knowledge of geometry and ride quality kept their bikes at the top of the class for many on the road, even when his son took over and started adding ribs, kinks and waves galore (which also porked up the weight). Curious to find out if this bike has something in it's ride quality to overcome the few fashion-first choices, weight and price.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

The blurb says it will take 2 bottles

Agree the hole in the BB structure is pointless
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

qwertzuiop

by qwertzuiop

this is basically a SC Blur with a slacker head angle and headset cable routing. Might need to get a bike without this stupid implementation before everyone jumps on that stupid hype train. also agree that the hole is pointless.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

*merged with other pinarello mtb thread

Karvalo

by Karvalo

qwertzuiop wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 7:14 am
this is basically a SC Blur with a slacker head angle and headset cable routing.
No, the Cervelo ZFS-5 is basically a Blur with slacker head angle, headset routing and different tube shapes. This thread is about the Pinarello.

stoney

by stoney

Pretty good debut for the new bike. PFP won on it a couple weeks ago and Pidcock won on it last Sunday and in the short track race yesterday (Friday).

qwertzuiop

by qwertzuiop

Karvalo wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 7:04 pm
qwertzuiop wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 7:14 am
this is basically a SC Blur with a slacker head angle and headset cable routing.
No, the Cervelo ZFS-5 is basically a Blur with slacker head angle, headset routing and different tube shapes. This thread is about the Pinarello.
you're totally right. I got confused there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

F45

by F45

425mm chainstays, no thanks.

The Princeton P1 wheels that Pidcock used in the race last Sunday were built on Nonplus hubs. Never seen those in the wild before.

Prediction: The size L frame, no shock, 2200g.