Lightest alloy xc fs frames

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sloshammer

by Sloshammer

Hi. I would like to know what the lightest aluminium xc full suspension frames weigh. Full bike weights wont help me out. I am looking for the frame weight with the shock included. Does anyone know what the lightest ones are and if so, what they weigh? I know the Orbea Oiz is quite popular for xc but i cant find its frame weight. Thanks.

TheRookie

by TheRookie

As most manufacturers give little detail you're basically into searching the 'net for someone who has taken a bike apart and weighed it. Or look for someone selling a frame only and ask them to weigh it.

I have weights for the bikes I've done that to, but one was an older 26 and the other a heavier trail frame.

Based on the frames I do have numbers for, about 2.2kg is the lightest you'll get at a guess, but why limit yourself to aluminium?
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

If you want a light XC FS on a budget buy a used last generation Scott Spark RC. They've been the same since 2017 so there are tons fot sale. If you want a new XC FS frame on a budget prepare to ride a 3000g alloy frame.

MC356

by MC356

Lelandjt wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:16 pm
If you want a light XC FS on a budget buy a used last generation Scott Spark RC. They've been the same since 2017 so there are tons fot sale. If you want a new XC FS frame on a budget prepare to ride a 3000g alloy frame.
That is what I did. I wanted to replace my hardtail for a FS but didnt want to spend a ton of money on a frameset so I found and bought a 2019 Spark RC world cup and made it look new and fresh with a new diy paintjob. Its still more bike than I will ever need or be able to use :lol:
BMC TMR01
Niner Air 9 RDO