SRAM Eagle AXS Refresh?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ccie6872

by ccie6872

Seams like we are getting really close to the next SRAM MTB Groupsets with current groupsets heavily discounted and plenty of rumors pics.. Does anyone know when the actual launch/embargo will be lifted?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zscs

by zscs

I don't have any insider infos, only read a few comments from others. Based on the speculations and considering the SRAM release dates during the past March, 2023, e.g. around Cape Epic 2023 seems to be a valid expectation.

snaxez

by snaxez

Latest I have seen is this article: https://bikerumor.com/new-details-on-pr ... hainrings/

When is this available?

SRAM has not announced a date. And while we’d hoped we’d have been riding this at the BMC Fourstroke launch, we weren’t…and even their athlete’s bikes had original Eagle parts re-installed before we showed up.

I spoke with several of my industry sources and the general consensus is these parts will be formally announced in spring 2023. If SRAM follows their recent launch strategy, that means immediate parts availability. Given the polished look of these parts, with all required electrical/wireless/transmission graphics, and the fact that they’re allowing team partners to display the bikes in public, I’d say early spring 2023 is a good guess.

de lars cuevas

by de lars cuevas

On craigslist before even introduced... Sram is not going to be happy with that. 😂

zscs

by zscs

OMG! :D

djbowen99

by djbowen99

I'm pretty local to him, i contemplated hitting him up to buy it

djbowen99

by djbowen99

and it's deleted...

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

- delete -
Last edited by FlatlandClimber on Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

eins4eins

by eins4eins

More pictures of the listing are in this thread:
https://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub ... 7?page=314

thinking about it, this might be a really cool marketing gag. Everyone knows whats coming anyway, so this "leak" would be a creative way of creating a little more buzz before the actual launch.
But then there would probaby less spelling mistakes.

maurice1

by maurice1

That's a funny conspiracy theory but no way SRAM would put "I prefer riding Shimano so I don't need it" in the description

cula_ru

by cula_ru

It's time for Shimano to release something to compete with SRAM AXS.
Last edited by cula_ru on Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snaxez

by snaxez

cula_ru wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:41 pm
It's time for Shimano to release something to compete SRAM AXS.
Been waithing for 12 speed Di2 XTR for years. I guess they would make the shifter wirless like on road Di2. Problem is with the battery, as most MTB-s have dropper posts now. Good in Frame solution would be hard to do.

cula_ru

by cula_ru

snaxez wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:23 pm
cula_ru wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:41 pm
It's time for Shimano to release something to compete SRAM AXS.
Been waithing for 12 speed Di2 XTR for years. I guess they would make the shifter wirless like on road Di2. Problem is with the battery, as most MTB-s have dropper posts now. Good in Frame solution would be hard to do.
I think Shimano could make it compatible with any frame, they have great engineers that come up with great products. Eventually something great will arrive.

Now about the new SRAM AXS I hope it's lighter with faster shifting and with better precision.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com