ZeroUno Mag Sl

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Emmepi

by Emmepi

A quick photo review of the “boutique brand” ZeroUno, in this case the Mag Sl.

Not impressed with the weight, quality, or service. Your milage may vary 🤷🏻‍♂️
Attachments
FF9044FF-A0BB-4388-854B-9DAB545CCD37.jpeg
06072A9B-A07A-470C-B713-FD25939C6C7C.jpeg
C2C165BC-ACF7-498B-8F7E-69EF51432B6E.jpeg
3F8E821E-BB6F-401D-9969-9D871383A1FA.jpeg
1B6792A2-9A0F-4DDD-8DD0-7B64F75BB1E2.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

That’s a just an open mold frame that is used by many others

Emmepi

by Emmepi

Likely the case. Issue is that the website cites 1,820 gram frame weight. Also $3870 for an open mold frame that is clearly poorly made and decals that are painted on with what appears to be a whiteout pen is a bit of a stretch. It is a bit misleading to market and price yourself as a botique brand when you open the box and find something like this. Just putting it out there so people can adjust expectations...

MC356

by MC356

Send that crap back asap.
I had a friend order a custom painted road frame from these clowns “Atomic” and they sent it painted wrong and their reason was "because your design wasn’t nice, ours is better" on top of that the rear triangle was out of alignment. The owner of ZeroUno came to the shop the frame was at and brought a used replacement frame for my friend to use while they made a new one and the replacements frames rear triangle was also out of alignment. The owner kept bragging about how his engineers who build these bikes are Formula one engineers bla bla bla all nonsense and lies, and when my friend said he wants to return the bike and get him money back the owner did want to accept the return. Only after arguing for an hour, he finally agreed and sent him his money back weeks later. Total tool, keep far away from this brand and there in house component brand Spaziale. All their bikes and parts are open mold. Save yourself a lot of money and headache buy directly from China and not these clowns.
BMC TMR01
Niner Air 9 RDO

Emmepi

by Emmepi

MC356 - trust me - I sent it back ASAP. No way I would settle for that. Their spaziale mtb wheelset was also a joke. 1900 grams for carbon garbage direct from China. Complete bait and swap. I just dont know what the end game is there - nobody is going to accept that poor level of quality.

It is just hard to find any reviews of their stuff, and some of the marketing seems legit, so I just wanted to leave a review of my experience, and i figured other would chime in as well. I wasted a ton of time with this, so hope others do not experience the same.

MC356

by MC356

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg78g6wP_HZ/?hl=en
That is my friend frame that was painted wrong and had alignment issues. This was back in 2016 I believe and they are still using that frame for promotional stuff, just putting new parts on it so it looks relevant, and good luck getting any tire close to 25mm wide to work in the rear triangle!
Also that frame is a fake Cipollini Bond...

We as a community really need to go after these "small" boutique brands that are charging astronomical prices for open mold frames. Funny thing is if you ask ZeroUno about why they use open mold frames they say that their designs are original and Chinese company copied the frame design from them :lol: :lol: :lol:
BMC TMR01
Niner Air 9 RDO

Emmepi

by Emmepi

Awareness is the first step! Word will spread.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com