'Vertical' Dropper Seatpost - World’s Lightest???

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ConfusedRob

by ConfusedRob

Going through some PB Eurobike coverage. Spotted this

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/eurobike- ... per%20post

Undercuts the YEP Podio Carbon by 30 or so grams. No further info that I could find, looks intriguing nonetheless.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cula_ru

by cula_ru

In their website you can customise the dropper dimensions but that light weight it should be for a ridiculous dimension. I find around 500g in other sources, so not that light

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

ConfusedRob

by ConfusedRob

cula_ru wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:58 am
In their website you can customise the dropper dimensions but that light weight it should be for a ridiculous dimension. I find around 500g in other sources, so not that light
Couldnt find their site. You have a link?

ConfusedRob

by ConfusedRob

Yeah seem the JBG, why would they not route it internally though? Makes no sense. I know Victor Koretzky runs one on his KTM.

Drappo

by Drappo

NickyR

by NickyR

Drappo wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:40 am
anyone use it?
https://www.vojomag.nl/news/spyshot-de- ... nd-prevot/
Alhoa
Yes, I am using it. I bought one 2 weeks ago so very few kilometers with it but happy so far.
Installing was easy, similar to transfer SL but less sensitive to seatpost collar torque. The bolts system to install the saddle is very clever.
It is very light (lighter than advertised) at 320g for 31,6x 380mm, it works perfectly despite being less "smooth" than my previous Fox Transfer SL. ZERO side to side play but a light rotational play (not noticeable when riding) Will see how it lasts , especially after some muddy winter.

zscs

by zscs

NickyR wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:52 am
Yes, I am using it. I bought one 2 weeks ago so very few kilometers with it but happy so far.
Installing was easy, similar to transfer SL but less sensitive to seatpost collar torque. The bolts system to install the saddle is very clever.
It is very light (lighter than advertised) at 320g for 31,6x 380mm, it works perfectly despite being less "smooth" than my previous Fox Transfer SL. ZERO side to side play but a light rotational play (not noticeable when riding) Will see how it lasts , especially after some muddy winter.
thanks for the info! :thumbup:
Regarding seatpost collar torque / smoothness issues, I had the same with my Vecnum XC seatpost in the past and the 2-bolt Vecnum Seat clamp solved this issue completely. ;)
https://r2-bike.com/VECNUM-Seat-Clamp-tooLOC-349-mm

NickyR

by NickyR

vert1.jpg

NickyR

by NickyR

zscs wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:41 am
NickyR wrote:
thanks for the info! :thumbup:
Regarding seatpost collar torque / smoothness issues, I had the same with my Vecnum XC seatpost in the past and the 2-bolt Vecnum Seat clamp solved this issue completely. ;)
https://r2-bike.com/VECNUM-Seat-Clamp-tooLOC-349-mm
the Vertical Helium is not sensitive to seatpost collar torque, I put 4NM and 5NM and the dropper worked the same : fine but less smooth than the Transfer SL
The Fox transfer SL was sensitive to torque, around 5NM (or even lower with the first batch of Transfer SL) it could get stuck in the lower position.
vert2.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Drappo

by Drappo

NickyR wrote:
Many thanks
Alhoa