sram AXS PCB

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

kilo

by kilo

hello guys I need some help, I'm thinking of installing some blips on my mtb bike but I don't want to install a blipsbox, I've seen some installations using a PCB of a SRAM GX Eagle AXS Controller 12-speed but I can't find the electronic schematic. The connection of the buttons seems easy but I can't see how they do with the installation of the battery. I'll leave a video that I found of this gadget. I also saw some videos of Gustav gullholm but I can't understand either.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thewoodsman

by thewoodsman

Wireless blips will connect to your existing shifter. If you are set on the wired blips (they are a bit more comfortable), no idea.

kilo

by kilo

I've already found some pictures of the places where I have to solder the wires for the battery and the buttons.
Does anyone know the type and size of the connections for the buttons?

kilo

by kilo

4179045-6df7eafaa0a623a34a61e91ee210f4d1.jpg
4179045-6df7eafaa0a623a34a61e91ee210f4d1.jpg (5.54 KiB) Viewed 3537 times

kilo

by kilo

20201030-120128.jpg

markdjr

by markdjr

The AXS Mtb PCB has a white and black plug with leads that run to the physical shift button. If you have a AXS Mtb shifter, you can take it apart and cut the wired leads to the existing physical button and be left with the PCB you have pictured but there will be a black and white plug, each with a positive and negative wire coming off it, that you can wire into your blips or any other momentary switch you choose.

DanW

by DanW

This is great info. Is there any reason I couldn't pull apart a AXS dropper remote and swap the "buttons" from the trigger for Blips? I guess housing the PCB somewhere on the bike and making it waterproof will be a challenge but in principle should it work?

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

DanW wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:23 pm
Is there any reason I couldn't pull apart a AXS dropper remote and swap the "buttons" from the trigger for Blips?
Doesn't the dropper remote only have a single button?

markdjr

by markdjr

MayhemSWE wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:06 pm
DanW wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:23 pm
Is there any reason I couldn't pull apart a AXS dropper remote and swap the "buttons" from the trigger for Blips?
Doesn't the dropper remote only have a single button?
Correct, dropper remote is single button. GX AXS shifter is two buttons. There is a product called flight control or something that will be 2 buttons for flat bar left side. Also could use guts from Force levers or maybe Rival.

DanW

by DanW

Yes one button but has anyone seen an AXS remote for a dropper gutted and wired to another button? I am trying to make the button more discreet but there arn't any other options I can find if your frame can not house a Blip Box (and no the wireless Blips don't work either)

Wordup

by Wordup

Intriguing post. I'm interested in doing something similar. Has anyone made further progress on this type on project and care to share?

Do the D1 road shifters with blip ports have the ability to have two actions? There is the actual shifter and then there's the blip port. Can they be assigned to do different things or does the blip simply mirror the shifter action?

aer0

by aer0

Im looking at doing something similar but using the AXS Wireless Blips, yes they are already small and wireless but the battery only lasts 6 months then the whole unit needs replacing. I have a set on the bike now and plan to use them until they die then ill pull them apart and look to modify/replace the battery.

What im looking to do if I can work it out is to fit the PCB's inside my handlebar and replace both batteries with one single larger capacity battery then run a small set of wires out to momentry press buttons placed on the grips.

youngs_modulus

by youngs_modulus

aer0 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:46 pm
[...] Im looking at doing something similar but using the AXS Wireless Blips, yes they are already small and wireless but the battery only lasts 6 months [...]
How do you figure? They're guaranteed to last at least two years, according to an article on Slowtwitch. The article notes that SRAM claims four years is realistic, and seven is possible. If we apply salt to SRAM's marketing claims by cutting the "realistic" number in half, that's still two years.

Why exactly do you expect those Blips to last a quarter of Sram's guaranteed minimum life? I'm sincerely curious because I've been considering a similar project.

aer0

by aer0

youngs_modulus wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:59 pm
aer0 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:46 pm
[...] Im looking at doing something similar but using the AXS Wireless Blips, yes they are already small and wireless but the battery only lasts 6 months [...]
How do you figure? They're guaranteed to last at least two years, according to an article on Slowtwitch. The article notes that SRAM claims four years is realistic, and seven is possible. If we apply salt to SRAM's marketing claims by cutting the "realistic" number in half, that's still two years.

Why exactly do you expect those Blips to last a quarter of Sram's guaranteed minimum life? I'm sincerely curious because I've been considering a similar project.
Im going based on what others have quoted as their battery life on XC MTB use. This was discussed in another forum Pinkbike.
I think in XC use they see a lot more shifts than road use.

For what its worth im running them now and have had them on my race bike since August. My AXS app still shows the battery life as "good"

mailmanmtb

by mailmanmtb

Has anyone pulled open a Blip yet?

I just saw shared on IG a video illustrating how to wire the Zirbel shifters into an AXS remote.

Seems exactly what you're after. I might try it, but I'd still have to stash the guts of the shifter and my Blipshifts are ideal. I also don't know if I have the skills for the wiring etc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com