Power Meters

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

superlight25

by superlight25

I'm looking for a power meter for my 2015 giant xtc advanced sl. It has a Sram xo1 crank gxp. I think Stages make one and possibly xcadey, although I don't know much about them. Wondering if anybody else has one fitted to their Giant. Thanks.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

I have an Xcadey on my road bike for about 3 years now and its great! Power2Max also do a spider for mtb cranks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

superlight25

by superlight25

Thanks. Good to hear about the Xcadey. I haven't thought about the -power2max, I will have a look.

tleo

by tleo

I've had a P2M NGeco/Rotor ALdhu on my road bike for over 2 years just put one on my SLX Fuel EX 8 last month. Works great so far.

jcrr

by jcrr

My SRAM XX1 Quarq has been bulletproof.
"If it ain't broken, it could be lighter"

js

by js

I've been running a Sigeyi Axo on my Giant Anthem with an XX1 crank for the last few years and it has been great. No issues with frame clearnance or anything like that if that was a concern of yours regarding the Giant XTC - and I'd assume the BB92 frame clearance specs are near-identical with the Anthem.

MC356

by MC356

I got a 4iiii PRECISION factory installed one on my left side xx1 crank arm and road bike Red crank too.

https://4iiii.com/usa/products/pdp/left ... y-install/

Takes about 2 weeks and is about half the price of stages. I got 2 4iiii power meteres for about the price of 1 stage! So far its been great!
BMC TMR01
Niner Air 9 RDO

superlight25

by superlight25

Thanks for all the replies, I'm waiting for some emails from a couple of companies to see what they have available at the moment. The Quarq, which I have used on a previous road bike is always a good quality option.

dacian

by dacian

superlight25 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:34 pm
Thanks. Good to hear about the Xcadey. I haven't thought about the -power2max, I will have a look.
I would definitely NOT recomend Xcadey as a powermeter, only because of there is NO actual warranty. Stay tuned, I will open a new topic about the case with more details tomorrow.

Aeo

by Aeo

Careful about boost/non-boost when buying a spider-based power meter.
Sigeyi AXO would be the most bang for buck choice https://www.sigeyishop.com/product-cate ... /sram-mtb/
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

MikeMoore

by MikeMoore

I'd also recommend the Sigeyi, been bombproof on my Pivot Les for the last year.
Weight 74.4kg, FTP 303W => 4.04 W/kg

Retired Bikes
Custom 650B Kingdom Double9
Kinesis Aithein / Kinesis Racelight 4S

Current bikes
Reilly Spectre / Cervelo R3
Pivot Les / Pivot Mach4SL
Ventana El Conquistador

Primera23

by Primera23

I've been running a carbon stages crank on my XX1 eagle crankset. It has been flawless except for 2 times it got "wet" inside. Under warranty check came back without result. I believe it is just my misplacement of the small O-ring that secures the battery compartement. I now use a bit of vaseline in the groove before putting the O-ring in. No issues whatsover anymore. Plus it has a nice carbon finish on the crank

mergeforthekill

by mergeforthekill

dacian wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:49 pm
superlight25 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:34 pm
I would definitely NOT recomend Xcadey as a powermeter, only because of there is NO actual warranty. Stay tuned, I will open a new topic about the case with more details tomorrow.
lol its a $250 spider based powermeter that has a ton of good feedback. Do you REALLY need a warranty?

dacian

by dacian

:o :lol: :lol: This is ridiculous...you might as well play on bettings or roulette, at least you have the chance of winning some, not loose. Just fyi, Power2Max sells spider based powermeters at 240 Euro. They are a legit business, they actually provide warranty, then why risk 250 USD? ..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

An NGeco is €500

And can you elaborate on your post that Xcadey doesn’t offer warranty?