Fox transfer SL problem

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

blind76

by blind76

I put Fox Transfer SL 31.6 on my Spark PRO 2019 and when I tighten the seat clamp (even just 3Nm) it affects lifting. I feel it when lowering but it stuck when moving back...

Does anyone have a similar problem?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

That's common for uneven force distribution seat clamp on light-weight dropper post.
Specifically, big lip on top of the seatpost clamp make the clamping force concentrate on the lower part because the the top lip resist against the clamping force from the bolt.

My Bike Yoke Divine SL also had that problem. Switch to seat clamp like Bike Yoke Squeezy seat clamp fixed it for me.

scant

by scant

i'm assuming you're already using carbon paste, which provides more clamping grip & thereby requires less torque on the seat bolt?

NickyR

by NickyR

blind76 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:24 am
I put Fox Transfer SL 31.6 on my Spark PRO 2019 and when I tighten the seat clamp (even just 3Nm) it affects lifting. I feel it when lowering but it stuck when moving back...

Does anyone have a similar problem?
I bought a Transfer SL factory in August and had the exact same problem : binding in the lowest position if I torque more than 2,8Nm. The problem is neither the seatpost clamp nor the friction paste used, the problem is the seatpost itself. FOX has acknowledged the problem with my seatpost, it was returned mid september and I am still waiting for it... (yeah I know :twisted: )