RockShox Reverb AXS how do you...?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mzlewis

by mzlewis

Hi there,

How do you run a rockshox axs post with a full suspension bike? Where does the remote control sit if you already have a unit to lock/unlock the suspension? Any ideas? Thanks,

Matt

Sammy

by Sammy

Depends on the lockout. I use a twist loc, you could run the remote further in or outside of the lockout, or on the topside of the bars

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mzlewis

by mzlewis

Thanks Sammy, it's for a Cannondale lock out. The AXS controller looks quite a size and just wondering of anyone has run one before. Can the Axs go on top of the bars then? Dropper post newbie here tbh.

Matt

Crankycolnago

by Crankycolnago

lock out on top axs controller in bottom

grover

by grover

There's no reason you can't run either the AXS remote or your lockout remote above the bars.

I'd suggest either using the Rock Shox Twistlock for suspension instead. Or a blip and blipbox for the dropper post.

There's a photo of a blip poking out the front of Kate Courtney's left grip here.
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-chec ... -2021.html

joosttx

by joosttx

I did a similar thing that Brad Copeland did to Kate's Bike. I have larger hands than Kate (I assume) and attached my blip button outside of the grip. The setup is pretty easy. I hid the blip box inside the headtube surround by a foam cutout to prevent rattling. Run the blip buttton wire through the cable ports with the brake hose and attached the blip button on the handlebar with some gorilla glue. No issue after a little more than 1000 miles I would guess.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

trukweaz

by trukweaz

joosttx wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:15 am
I did a similar thing that Brad Copeland did to Kate's Bike. I have larger hands than Kate (I assume) and attached my blip button outside of the grip. The setup is pretty easy. I hid the blip box inside the headtube surround by a foam cutout to prevent rattling. Run the blip buttton wire through the cable ports with the brake hose and attached the blip button on the handlebar with some gorilla glue. No issue after a little more than 1000 miles I would guess.

Im trying this Mod on my MTB

Having a hard time with the Blipbox talking to the Dropper. Any tricks??

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Anyone tried to install an axs dropper on a bike with a fit4 remote? :D

joosttx

by joosttx

trukweaz wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:39 pm

Im trying this Mod on my MTB

Having a hard time with the Blipbox talking to the Dropper. Any tricks??
Sorry, I should of mentioned this. There is a sequence that you need to do so that the blipbox pairs with the dropper. I cannot remember it but call Sram they can walk you through the process. They walk my mechanic through it.

carbonazza

by carbonazza

trukweaz wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:39 pm
...Having a hard time with the Blipbox talking to the Dropper. Any tricks??
A couple of months ago, I had some issues with the blipbox not showing the seatpost options in the app.
After deleting/resetting everything in the app a couple of times, it finally worked.

I did fill a bug at the time, with a great support from SRAM, and just received an email, that a firmware update is available to avoid this kind of issue.
Try to update each components.

I use the multi click buttons, with 3D printed match-makers attached below the brakes on each side.

Clicking right for a harder gear.
Left for an easier gear.
Both for the seatpost.

commendatore

by commendatore

Any more info on that? Parts/photos?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com