Bleeding Trickstuff Piccola

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ccie6872

by ccie6872

For those who have piccola brakes, I am curious on how you bled them. Instructions are a bit confusing on their site and I watched their youtube video but they are not bleeding piccola. It seams to be a very similar process to SRAM brakes by moving oil from syrenge to another with a block in the caliber and the lever adjusted in (lever touching the handlebar). Thank you for any advice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ccie6872

by ccie6872

rapsac wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:42 pm
Have a look at this: https://videos.mtb-news.de/52052/pca_entluften
Thank you, that is very helpful, helps visual their directions... I knew I should have taken German I high school...

rapsac

by rapsac

You’re welcome. Apparently the ‘trick’ is getting remaining air out of the secondary chamber at the master cilinder side.

tankjr

by tankjr

ImageHello
Can you tell me what could cause this bionol colour after bleeding trickstuff piccola? (1 week interval)

Thank you
Attachments
IMG-20230926-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20231002-WA0029.jpg
Cotic Flare Max gen 4

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zscs

by zscs

My MY2018 Piccolas w/ C21 calipers started to work strangely after heavy abuse of 5.5 years. It seems I cannot bleed it well anymore, especially the rear brake. Time to rebuild and change all seals, I guess. (I already have a full set of new seals, new cables, etc. - also the .pdf here: https://trickstuff.de/wp-content/upload ... A_E_KL.pdf )

Have you seen any video about the rebuild process?
If you have any advices what I need to especially take case of, etc. then please write it here. I'm sure this can be useful to all of us! ;) Many thanks in advance!