New Rockshox Sid 2021

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cula_ru

by cula_ru

Primera23 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:12 am
My SID went in for warranty aswell. It went actually quitte fast. I think it was about 2 weeks. Luckily I still had my original SID, so I swapped it while my ULT was in maintenance.
Two weeks would be ok. Some people are waiting for their repaired SID since July, others reported 4 months to get their suspension fixed! Unbelievable.

I got a used SID ultimate 100mm with a similar problem as a replacement for a 120mm fork, didn't even rode the bike with that thing.

Hey rockshox go get your issues fixed!

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

Hey guys questions, and likely a dumb one: I got the SID SL 22 with the remote lockout. I don't really need that lockout. If I take the cable and lever off, will the forks be unlocked or locked?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cula_ru

by cula_ru

DrimeOser wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:21 pm
Hey guys questions, and likely a dumb one: I got the SID SL 22 with the remote lockout. I don't really need that lockout. If I take the cable and lever off, will the forks be unlocked or locked?
You'll be more efficient on smooth terrain with the fork locked, why remove it? But it will be unlocked without the cable, that's the default.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Question - I'm on my first mtb. It's a 3rd bike, so not my #1 or #2 rides. I got a Chisel with the Judy gold MC.

Is there a meaningful differece in the dampening or airspring between the various bits Motion Control to whatever? I'm generaly pretty happy with the Judy MC. I've got rebound set; low speed (pedaling) damping could be better but I can just reach down a change the compression, and I'm using most of the travel without hitting the bump stops. I've noticed after a bath, there a decent amount of stiction until i wipe the hardwater residue off the stanchions (Maxima suspension cleaner).

I really don't want to play around with low and high speed compression damping nor the rebound, but may want to adjust the 'blow off' point. My question, the other dampers feel different outside of the adjustments? Does the fancier airspring make a differnce over the base air spring?

I'm riding flat-ish dirt trails with light features, not heavily rooted/rock-ed high use trails.

caad4rep

by caad4rep

Any updates on the long term durability of the Sid SL? I'm currently in a Fox 32 SC Performance and am thinking the Sid SL Ultimate would be a nice upgrade. Anyone make a similar swap?

Swannie

by Swannie

i really dont like my sid sl ultimate. It has 9355 km's done now. It seems there is play on the headset but the play is on the bushings of the fork. I had it serviced but it stays the same.
Also when it's locked there stays a travel of +- 2 cm. I really miss my former sid with the regular Charger damper, when that was locked it was like riding a rigid fork. I'm thinking of 'downgrading' the raceday damper to a regular charger damper but i would like to be sure it's really locked like older sid chassis.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

cula_ru wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:40 pm
DrimeOser wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:21 pm
You'll be more efficient on smooth terrain with the fork locked, why remove it? But it will be unlocked without the cable, that's the default.
I'm one of those guys on a HT who never lock their forks even in races. recently won an uphill race without it locked as well.

The SID SL with Raceday dampers are really good even if they are not locked.

The whole idea is that you don't think about locking/unlocking and just ride the damn trails. (it's exhausting having to think haha)

zscs

by zscs

MagicShite wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:41 am
I'm one of those guys on a HT who never lock their forks even in races. recently won an uphill race without it locked as well.

The whole idea is that you don't think about locking/unlocking and just ride the damn trails. (it's exhausting having to think haha)
Same here, never use lockout. Also removed the remote lockout lever from my fully (and replaced the shock to a non-remote one, haha)

From my side, I would definitely welcome an even more simplified RaceDay damper without lockout, as an aftermarket damper option to RS forks.

thegolfather

by thegolfather

zscs wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:21 am
MagicShite wrote:

Same here, never use lockout. Also removed the remote lockout lever from my fully (and replaced the shock to a non-remote one, haha)

From my side, I would definitely welcome an even more simplified RaceDay damper without lockout, as an aftermarket damper option to RS forks.
Can I remove my lockout?

MagicShite

by MagicShite

thegolfather wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:18 am
zscs wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:21 am
MagicShite wrote:

Can I remove my lockout?
You can just remove the lever and save some weight, though not sure why you would want to do that, you're not saving that much weight. (but of course this is weight weenies after all)