BB compatibility Scott Foil

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

merlin6014

by merlin6014

Guys I have a Scott Foil 40 which comes stock with a shimano 105 crankset. From what i can gather the bb is bb86 and has a shimano pressfit bb as standard.

I want to buy an FSA K force light crankset and believe the megaexo should be compatible. The fsa comes with a ceramic bb with the package.

From what i can tell its compatible via the fsa website but i have come across an opinion that as the fsa is an external type bb it wont fit the internal pressfit system.

Anyway massively confused...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Doolop

by Doolop

The threaded BB that comes with the FSA cranks will not work with your frame. Your frame has a carbon shell BB86 BB, you would need the appropriate BB to be pressed into your frame.

merlin6014

by merlin6014

Doolop wrote:The threaded BB that comes with the FSA cranks will not work with your frame. Your frame has a carbon shell BB86 BB, you would need the appropriate BB to be pressed into your frame.

Ok thanks Doolop is there a BB that can be pressed into my frame that's compatible with the FSA? I am pretty set on the FSA.

Alternatively what "off the shelf" upgrades would fit? i.e. would a Dura Ace 7900 crankset fit?