Praxis Works Aero Chainrings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bregne

by Bregne

So i found this, and looking hard for a 52 tooth 130 BCD aero chainring, i wondered if there's any word on the street wheter Praxis is actually going to launch thier aero chainrings any time soon?

Any suggestions if Praxis isn't planning on producing aero chainrings anytime soon.

Regards

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Fibrelyte.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bregne

by Bregne

I've considered Fibrelyte, but i just don't have the confidence in a fullcarbon chainring. I simply don't think that it will last long enough without the teeth falling apart. Regardless of what test says.

I'm going for aluminium. There must be a reason that no pro's are running carbon chainrings for serious racing, like i my self do.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

KCNC
Stronglight

Bregne

by Bregne

prendrefeu wrote:KCNC
Stronglight

As far as i'm concerned the KCNC is only made for 4-bolt mount? Or is that just me? :-)

Have had rather bad experience with Stronglight and thier lack of coating.

baldy

by baldy

FSA?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Bregne, the KCNC is five bolt, 52t, 130BCD. Which is what you specified in your first post.

Bregne

by Bregne

Well thats nice and gives me an extra option!

The only KCNC aero chainrings i could find in Europe was a four bolt.

As far as i'm concerned the FSA dosen't come in size 52.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Four bolt is a bit odd for an aero chainring, no?

Anyway, if you search for "KCNC Blade Chainring" you may find it in the right size & colour you're looking for.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

No experience with Praxis, but I have been running the same pair of Fibrelyte chainrings for several years and they are still going strong. The only issue I have had was that one of the lift pins came off (glued on). But the teeth are all intact and look good. I have no idea how many miles are on these rings... but it is many thousands.

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

Bregne wrote:I've considered Fibrelyte, but i just don't have the confidence in a fullcarbon chainring. I simply don't think that it will last long enough without the teeth falling apart. Regardless of what test says.

I'm going for aluminium. There must be a reason that no pro's are running carbon chainrings for serious racing, like i my self do.

Ah, the age old comment. Riders who don't have confidence in our chainrings have usually never ridden one. What makes you think that it will 'fall apart'?

There is a very good reason why no 'pro's' are running our chainrings, we are a small company that hasn't got the marketing budget to sponsor them. For the record, we have had two Olympic gold medallists on our chainrings and a number of other successful competitors. We just don't advertise the fact :wink:

Feel free to send me an email or give me a call and I'll try to answer your concerns as best I can.

(that said, I'm sure the other chainrings you've mentioned are up to the job as well :D )

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

stephen, you should be proud of the fact you've had olympians on your rings..shout it from the rooftops!

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Just want to say I've had Fibre-lyte's carbon chainrings on two bikes now... Current ones have seen thousands and thousands of miles, pants weather and very little mercy. They're fantastic. I think people who don't trust them or have their doubt about them are exclusively people who haven't tried them and are just guessing because they think carbon is 'fragile'. :noidea:

I don't have a problem with OP not choosing Fibre-lyte chainrings, but I'd rather not rumours and baseless opinions of them be spread around.

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:stephen, you should be proud of the fact you've had olympians on your rings..shout it from the rooftops!

I'm too subtle for things like that, but here's a hint

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com