Seat post for my wife's Parlee...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

audiojan

by audiojan

I bought an AX Lightness Daedalus Premium L2 for her Parlee, but for two reasons, we're not going to be able to use that... We just her re-fitted and we lowered her seat by about 1/4". The L2 was and it's max insertion before. That's a super nice seatpost, but being a super light version of the already light Daedalus, I'm not going to take a chance with it. The other reason is that she needs the new DTI v2 internal battery/control on her Parlee... the frame is so darn small that the larger DTI v1 just doesn't have enough clearance to the tire... Plus, you can't argue with the lower weight of the new DTI v2...

SO... what seatpost would you recommend? Obviously, weight is important, but also looks. It needs to be 25mm setback, carbon, preferrably matte to match the Ghost Z5SLi, but not necessary (the AX wasn't for example). I think a Daedalus L1 would work just fine for her, but try to find one of those... darn near impossible!
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

kode54

by kode54

i've got an Enve 25mm setback post in mine and looks quite nice. and since her post is lowered somewhat, you can trim off excess to bring the weight down even further. i would eventually like to get Parlee to repaint all my Enve cockpit so it matches, like the Enve fork that it comes with.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

audiojan wrote:I bought an AX Lightness Daedalus Premium L2 for her Parlee, but for two reasons, we're not going to be able to use that... We just her re-fitted and we lowered her seat by about 1/4". The L2 was and it's max insertion before. That's a super nice seatpost, but being a super light version of the already light Daedalus, I'm not going to take a chance with it. The other reason is that she needs the new DTI v2 internal battery/control on her Parlee... the frame is so darn small that the larger DTI v1 just doesn't have enough clearance to the tire... Plus, you can't argue with the lower weight of the new DTI v2...

SO... what seatpost would you recommend? Obviously, weight is important, but also looks. It needs to be 25mm setback, carbon, preferrably matte to match the Ghost Z5SLi, but not necessary (the AX wasn't for example). I think a Daedalus L1 would work just fine for her, but try to find one of those... darn near impossible!

Audiojan, PM sent. I have a Daedalus L1 which is a tad short -- need L2.

audiojan

by audiojan

audiophilitis wrote:Audiojan, PM sent. I have a Daedalus L1 which is a tad short -- need L2.

PM sent back! :D
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

Nebby

by Nebby

If audiophilitis doesn't take care of you, I have a Enve setback seatpost with blacked out logos (Cannondale Black Inc version) that I can part with. Got a fit done and it turns out I can't use a setback seatpost :(