...a Storck Fascenario 0.7 went for $1100 on ebay last night

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jordo99

by jordo99

I watched a Storck Fascenario 0.7 Frame/Fork/Headeset sell for under $1100 last night on ebay. It was admittedly too long for me in the TT (I ride 55cm, it was 57.5cm) but I could've made it work.

Is it just me or is that an insanely low price even for a used frame? The frame looks almost perfect and I was very close to just bidding $1200 with 3 min left just for the thrill and expected it to go for well over $1500...now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have just bought it, ridden it for the rest of the decent weather I can enjoy before winter (probably 10-15 rides due to my new work schedule cutting into cycling) and the flipping/trading it.

There are really only two things keeping me from feeling regret over this. (1) I'm saving up for an engagement ring (2) I have no idea the total miles put onto the frame. It was being sold out of Boulder and the cost could mean that the riden really put down some serious miles on it...judging by the cosmetic condition of the frame and the quality of craftsmanship I highly doubt the second one matters at all.

Thoughts?

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Dont have ebay regret - just learn for the next time.

Dont forget that 1200 would probably not have won it - but at least you would have forced someone else to pay more !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pantani

by Pantani

It is an insanely low price - short and simple.
Not everything that counts can be counted. Not everything that can be counted counts.

jordo99

by jordo99

ghisallo2003 wrote:Dont have ebay regret - just learn for the next time.

Dont forget that 1200 would probably not have won it - but at least you would have forced someone else to pay more !

It was at $999 (starting bid) with 5 min left when someone bid it up to $1025. They they bid one more time, raising their max bid shortly after but not increasing the price that it went for. I obviously don't know what the winners max bid was (that they increased it to) but it still sold with 3 total bids between 2 people.

I'd already kind of said it but it was just bad timing for me to bid on the bike so I didn't. I'm more curious if other people thing that's an insanely low price. I was confident it'd hit $1500 if not $2000.

Pantani wrote:It is an insanely low price - short and simple.

What would you "value" the frame at? Or rather, what would you have expected me to be able to sell it for if I flipped it (after riding for a few months just to know what it's like to have a luxury frame)?

petepeterson

by petepeterson

let's see the listing

53x12

by 53x12

"let's see the listing"

It is in the first post of the thread. :thumbup:
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

what sort of warranty do you get with a used frame?.....

Probably why they go cheap.
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

53x12

by 53x12

No warranty with a used frame as warranty is for original owner (are there any bike manufacturers that just have lifetime warranty on the frame regardless of who original owner was/is?).

Second hand/used stuff is usually cheaper than new things (clothing, bikes, books...etc.). Obviously there are situations were the item's value increases or can increase (homes, vintage cars, rare guitars...etc.).

Nothing wrong with buying something used if it is in good shape and a good deal.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

jordo99

by jordo99

TrekUk wrote:what sort of warranty do you get with a used frame?.....

Probably why they go cheap.

Is it normal to use the warranty? I know a lot of warranties will include a "crash replacement" for a large fee (something a little over the cost of the frame). Other than that I haven't seen much damage done to a frame that wasn't caused by some kind of impact or user error, which usually isn't covered.

That said, my biggest concern with buying a used frame is how it was taken care of and if it's materials would be fatigued.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

wait til its relisted......

Chances are that he realised it wasn't going to reach what he thought it was worth, so got his mates to "win" it. When the mysterious winner doesn't pay up, it will be back on ebay within a week or so.
Official cafe stop tester

jordo99

by jordo99

jekyll man wrote:wait til its relisted......

Chances are that he realised it wasn't going to reach what he thought it was worth, so got his mates to "win" it. When the mysterious winner doesn't pay up, it will be back on ebay within a week or so.

If it's relisted it probably won't be by the same account. The seller is a company that sells items for people and gets comission off it. I've been following their sales for a little over a year now, bought from them multiple times and never saw something relisted after being sold.

It doesn't mean it won't happen but I'm vouching for the company as being reputable...I've seen a few doze listings go for really cheap by them. Nothing like a $5.8k retail frame selling for $1100 and in pristine condidion but some very good deals on NOS stuff and little known brands like Quattro Assi selling for way less than they should.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

That frame is the first generation 0.7.......not much changed from the current one but the new ones just looks a lot better and can be used with Di2/EPS or Mechanical systems. New 2013 up also are BB86.
Pro Closet usually clear old inventory...and on Storck's case they have been selling Velocom (old Storck distributor for the US) remaining stock at very attractive prices.

bricky21

by bricky21

That is not an insanely low price.

MSRP is an insanely high price, as is with most high zoot cycling equipment.

tallicaboy

by tallicaboy

Hi jordo99
Well. It's me got this frame.and my max bid was $1650.
Really intresting to find other people here watched this frame.I just searched weight weenies with the word "fascenario" and this topic comes on top of the list.Quite a coincidence. Or quite a small world in another word.Cause I'm in China.

Meanwhile this frame is stuck at Shanghai custom waitting for clearance.Can't wait to put wheels on it.
Cheers you guys..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Awesome deal. I'd risk the lack of warranty for a Storck at that price!
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.