Does Garmin Connect still synch historic activities to Training Peaks?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

RDY

by RDY

I immediately added a 2 second activity from my head unit to supposedly force the synch, but 72 hours later and no history. Reading the incredibly long TP FAQ post on the matter it appears that Garmin have deliberately hobbled it. Supposedly it can take up to 30 days, and you have 1 shot - you can never do it again. Lots of people are claiming it doesn't work at all or only a few ancient activities synch.

Does it really still work? They obviously don't like TP and see them as a direct competitor to their ecoystem. It wouldn't be surprising if they 'accidentally' break it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

I get everything in TP recorded on my Garmin 530. When I look at TP, it says it is connected to Garmin. Garmin Connect shows Training Peaks as a connected app.

If Garmin cut off TrainingPeaks, thousands of coached athletes would be rioting.

The 1 shot thing in the FAQ only seems to apply to past activities. It seems like new activities should flow almost instantaneously.

RDY

by RDY

Both the title and the content of my post refer to history ...

AJS914

by AJS914

Well, even your current activity sync is not working so you probably need to solve that first.

RDY

by RDY

AJS914 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:52 pm
Well, even your current activity sync is not working so you probably need to solve that first.
Yes it is.